Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Topsy92
    • By Topsy92 12th Oct 17, 10:38 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Topsy92
    Same/superior broadband deal available for cheaper price: am I owed anything?
    • 12th Oct 17, 10:38 AM
    Same/superior broadband deal available for cheaper price: am I owed anything? 12th Oct 17 at 10:38 AM
    Sooo, I've been paying £40 for my Virgin 50mbps + Calls Broadband package.

Virgin have had ongoing, superior offers with prices equal to or less than my package for months, such as 100mbps + Calls for £33.

Am I owed any kind of reimbursement for the months where I've been ripped off?
Page 1
    • Inner Zone
    • By Inner Zone 12th Oct 17, 11:47 AM
    • 1,840 Posts
    • 1,005 Thanks
    Inner Zone
    • 12th Oct 17, 11:47 AM
    • 12th Oct 17, 11:47 AM
    Sooo, I've been paying £40 for my Virgin 50mbps + Calls Broadband package.

Virgin have had ongoing, superior offers with prices equal to or less than my package for months, such as 100mbps + Calls for £33.

Originally posted by Topsy92
    No, it's up to you to check and renegotiate.
    • Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 12th Oct 17, 2:11 PM
    • 1,150 Posts
    • 513 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 12th Oct 17, 2:11 PM
    • 12th Oct 17, 2:11 PM
    Absolutely not because you've not been ripped off and it's not a scam (the other usual cry).

You could use their current offers as leverage however to move on to a better deal with a new contract.
    • Slithery
    • By Slithery 13th Oct 17, 6:53 PM
    • 254 Posts
    • 314 Thanks
    Slithery
    • 13th Oct 17, 6:53 PM
    • 13th Oct 17, 6:53 PM
    I usually buy loaves of bread from my local shop for £1.50, imagine my disgust when I went in today and they were on sale for £1.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,623Posts Today

7,315Users online

Martin's Twitter