Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • PCN_advice_needed
    • By PCN_advice_needed 7th Oct 17, 2:23 PM
    • 16Posts
    • 6Thanks
    PCN_advice_needed
    Halifax Clarity - credit limit lowered from £5000 to £500
    • 7th Oct 17, 2:23 PM
    Halifax Clarity - credit limit lowered from £5000 to £500 7th Oct 17 at 2:23 PM
    I've had a Clarity credit card for some years, and I was surprised to see that my credit limit had been lowered by them from £5000 to £500 a few weeks ago. I use the card when abroad for cash withdrawals and paying for things as there's no transaction charges. There was a small balance on it but I paid that off pretty sharpish.

On calling them, I couldn't get a clear answer - the person I spoke to put me on hold and spoke to the Lending department (apparently) who said it wasn't a change in my credit score with them, but it might have been something else.

Having registered with Equifax and a couple of others to get free credit score reports they all look healthy and I'm at a loss to understand how to get the credit limit raised again - my financial circumstances and spending haven't changed radically and it's a pain because if I'm abroad for work I can rack up £1500 - £2000 in expenses pretty quickly.

What's the best approach to finding out what data Halifax based their decision on, and if I need to what's the best way to follow the chain back to the original organisation which collected that data ?
Page 2
    • qsk
    • By qsk 10th Oct 17, 9:37 AM
    • 244 Posts
    • 130 Thanks
    qsk
    Whilst not a big limit, £5000 isn't 'quite a low limit'
    Originally posted by Heng Leng
    Well, it really depends on whom you are talking to. Before you reply, check his username first
    • chattychappy
    • By chattychappy 10th Oct 17, 10:22 AM
    • 6,437 Posts
    • 3,392 Thanks
    chattychappy
    Quite.

Whilst this isn't a big issue, it isn't pointless either.
    • bigadaj
    • By bigadaj 10th Oct 17, 3:00 PM
    • 10,803 Posts
    • 7,100 Thanks
    bigadaj
    Well, it really depends on whom you are talking to. Before you reply, check his username first
    Originally posted by qsk
    Yes, he could also be a bit of a !!!!?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,103Posts Today

7,909Users online

Martin's Twitter