New Broadband Provider Wanted

My Plusnet account has now run out, as has my advance line rental payment. Are there any really good deals around at the moment (with or without basic TV)? My head is spinning trying to weigh them all up. I don’t want to pay more than about £35- £40 a month inc line rental and I can get around 37mb speed at the moment with Plusnet so I don’t want to go slower really
There will always be:
A “LIE” in BELIEVE, an “OVER” in LOVER, an “END” in FRIEND, an “US” in TRUST , and an “IF” in LIFE ;)

Comments

• Bronvahl
    Bronvahl Posts: 28 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    At that speed you are low end fibre, speeds common across most ISP's are 38, 52 and 78.

Personally I find most people do fine on ADSL if they can get 12mb or above but based on your stated need these offers are currently shown on Cheap deals page albeit that they are not that cheap

Up-to-52Mb fibre broadband & line rental

Ends Thu. BT: Equiv £19.65/mth
    EE: Equiv £20.34/mth
    Plusnet: Equiv £22.49/mth

Up-to-76Mb fibre broadband & line rental

EE: Equiv £26.84/mth

These are introductory offers so check what they revert to after 12 or 18 period is over

This is page for the deals

moneysavingexpert.com/phones/cheap-broadband
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    The up to 52 meg may be only from BT others up to 38 meg .

OP what have PN offered you to stay ??

BT current offer ends soon Infinity 152 meg + Line Rental £29-99pm 12 month contract £125 BT reward card
  • freccle
    freccle Posts: 770 Forumite
    I've not contacted PN. They weren't very forthcoming when my account ran out (3 months ago, Line rental just run out) despite me being with them for about 9 years now
    There will always be:
    A “LIE” in BELIEVE, an “OVER” in LOVER, an “END” in FRIEND, an “US” in TRUST , and an “IF” in LIFE ;)

• freccle wrote: »
    I've not contacted PN. They weren't very forthcoming when my account ran out (3 months ago, Line rental just run out) despite me being with them for about 9 years now

Try the links right at the top of this page, you could also try https://www.uswitch.com/broadband/ but I don't think they show any extra suppliers than the MSE tool.
  • freccle
    freccle Posts: 770 Forumite
    I phoned PN.. They offered unlimited fibre BB for £26 a month inc line rental. I could probably get a better deal but I'm fed up of looking now so I've agreed to it for 12 months and in the meantime I'll try to look around
    There will always be:

• teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I've got the same price as last year (up front rate line and free ADSL) with free caller display to counterbalance the £12 annual increase on line saver.
    I intended to play them off against Sky, but a phone wait of an hour (so no free time to haggling ) and no hat ,put me off bothering.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure