Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • freccle
    • By freccle 4th Oct 17, 3:01 PM
    • 782Posts
    • 470Thanks
    freccle
    New Broadband Provider Wanted
    • 4th Oct 17, 3:01 PM
    New Broadband Provider Wanted 4th Oct 17 at 3:01 PM
    My Plusnet account has now run out, as has my advance line rental payment. Are there any really good deals around at the moment (with or without basic TV)? My head is spinning trying to weigh them all up. I don’t want to pay more than about £35- £40 a month inc line rental and I can get around 37mb speed at the moment with Plusnet so I don’t want to go slower really
    There will always be:
    A “LIE” in BELIEVE, an “OVER” in LOVER, an “END” in FRIEND, an “US” in TRUST , and an “IF” in LIFE

Page 1
    • Bronvahl
    • By Bronvahl 4th Oct 17, 3:36 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Bronvahl
    • 4th Oct 17, 3:36 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 3:36 PM
    At that speed you are low end fibre, speeds common across most ISP's are 38, 52 and 78.

Personally I find most people do fine on ADSL if they can get 12mb or above but based on your stated need these offers are currently shown on Cheap deals page albeit that they are not that cheap

Up-to-52Mb fibre broadband & line rental

Ends Thu. BT: Equiv £19.65/mth
    EE: Equiv £20.34/mth
    Plusnet: Equiv £22.49/mth

Up-to-76Mb fibre broadband & line rental

EE: Equiv £26.84/mth

These are introductory offers so check what they revert to after 12 or 18 period is over

This is page for the deals

moneysavingexpert.com/phones/cheap-broadband
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 4th Oct 17, 4:19 PM
    • 9,748 Posts
    • 4,004 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 4th Oct 17, 4:19 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 4:19 PM
    The up to 52 meg may be only from BT others up to 38 meg .

OP what have PN offered you to stay ??

BT current offer ends soon Infinity 152 meg + Line Rental £29-99pm 12 month contract £125 BT reward card
    • freccle
    • By freccle 4th Oct 17, 5:51 PM
    • 782 Posts
    • 470 Thanks
    freccle
    • 4th Oct 17, 5:51 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 5:51 PM
    I've not contacted PN. They weren't very forthcoming when my account ran out (3 months ago, Line rental just run out) despite me being with them for about 9 years now
    There will always be:
    A “LIE” in BELIEVE, an “OVER” in LOVER, an “END” in FRIEND, an “US” in TRUST , and an “IF” in LIFE

• Colin_Maybe
    • By Colin_Maybe 4th Oct 17, 6:51 PM
    • 1,156 Posts
    • 516 Thanks
    Colin_Maybe
    • 4th Oct 17, 6:51 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 6:51 PM
    I've not contacted PN. They weren't very forthcoming when my account ran out (3 months ago, Line rental just run out) despite me being with them for about 9 years now
    Originally posted by freccle
    Try the links right at the top of this page, you could also try https://www.uswitch.com/broadband/ but I don't think they show any extra suppliers than the MSE tool.
    • freccle
    • By freccle 5th Oct 17, 5:27 PM
    • 782 Posts
    • 470 Thanks
    freccle
    • 5th Oct 17, 5:27 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 5:27 PM
    I phoned PN.. They offered unlimited fibre BB for £26 a month inc line rental. I could probably get a better deal but I'm fed up of looking now so I've agreed to it for 12 months and in the meantime I'll try to look around
    There will always be:

• teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 6th Oct 17, 4:22 PM
    • 8,375 Posts
    • 4,979 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 6th Oct 17, 4:22 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 4:22 PM
    I've got the same price as last year (up front rate line and free ADSL) with free caller display to counterbalance the £12 annual increase on line saver.
    I intended to play them off against Sky, but a phone wait of an hour (so no free time to haggling ) and no hat ,put me off bothering.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,264Posts Today

7,965Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin