Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bronvahl
    • By Bronvahl 4th Oct 17, 1:36 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 5Thanks
    Bronvahl
    Is new Sky Hub worse than the old?
    • 4th Oct 17, 1:36 PM
    Is new Sky Hub worse than the old? 4th Oct 17 at 1:36 PM
    I recommended Sky MSE deal to a friend, they have been given something called a Sky Q hub, as opposed to the Sky Hub.

It apparently is supposed to be better, but it only has two Lan Ports and they find the signal does not reach all parts of their small modern flat (something their old router had no problem with).

Does anyone know whether this is a known problem with the Sky Q hub?

Can one ask Sky for the older router which had four ports and apparently a better signal?

Is there a setting that will make the Sky Q hub reach further?

I did see something called a Sky Booster, but my friend feels that this is a rip off as they do not live in some old house with thick walls and a so called new router should work in all rooms.

In the past I have known other ISP's to send these boosters out free, has anyone had Sky send them free?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,550Posts Today

7,567Users online

Martin's Twitter