Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sam Hain
    • By Sam Hain 4th Oct 17, 9:29 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Sam Hain
    Cancelling Virgin following Seperation
    • 4th Oct 17, 9:29 AM
    Cancelling Virgin following Seperation 4th Oct 17 at 9:29 AM
    I have been trying to cancel my Virgin Media package as I split with my wife over 2 years ago. I have been paying Virgin ever since, but am struggling to cancel.

The package and payments are under my name, however my wife lives at the property where the Virgin box is.

Virgin are saying they can't cancel unless they get their box back. The wife won't let me enter, hence I'm still getting monthly payments taken out of my account.

HELP!!!!!
Page 1
    • iniltous
    • By iniltous 4th Oct 17, 9:56 AM
    • 1,345 Posts
    • 474 Thanks
    iniltous
    • 4th Oct 17, 9:56 AM
    • 4th Oct 17, 9:56 AM
    What is the method of return ?, do they send someone out to collect it, or send a prepaid postage bag/box for you to return it in the post ?
    TBH , you should just tell them to cancel, and take no BS about the box, if they send a prepaid envelope/box to return their equipment and your EX doesn't return the box ( after all presumably the service will stop working before the envelope/box turns up so is no good to her ) they can chase you for the box after your monthly payment stops, or raise a one off charge for it.
    Given that you can see VM boxes for sale on various on line sites, even though presumably they are useless without VM authorisation they must have a fair few boxes that were never returned after the customers quit paying for the service
    • custardy
    • By custardy 4th Oct 17, 9:58 AM
    • 32,482 Posts
    • 27,235 Thanks
    custardy
    • 4th Oct 17, 9:58 AM
    • 4th Oct 17, 9:58 AM
    I have been trying to cancel my Virgin Media package as I split with my wife over 2 years ago. I have been paying Virgin ever since, but am struggling to cancel.

The package and payments are under my name, however my wife lives at the property where the Virgin box is.

Virgin are saying they can't cancel unless they get their box back. The wife won't let me enter, hence I'm still getting monthly payments taken out of my account.

HELP!!!!!
    Originally posted by Sam Hain

worst case. Cancel and pay for the box.
    IMO better than your ex getting free Virgin and causing you grief.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,095Posts Today

8,355Users online

Martin's Twitter