Cancelling Virgin following Seperation

I have been trying to cancel my Virgin Media package as I split with my wife over 2 years ago. I have been paying Virgin ever since, but am struggling to cancel.

The package and payments are under my name, however my wife lives at the property where the Virgin box is.

Virgin are saying they can't cancel unless they get their box back. The wife won't let me enter, hence I'm still getting monthly payments taken out of my account.

HELP!!!!!

Comments

• iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,076 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    What is the method of return ?, do they send someone out to collect it, or send a prepaid postage bag/box for you to return it in the post ?
    TBH , you should just tell them to cancel, and take no BS about the box, if they send a prepaid envelope/box to return their equipment and your EX doesn't return the box ( after all presumably the service will stop working before the envelope/box turns up so is no good to her ) they can chase you for the box after your monthly payment stops, or raise a one off charge for it.
    Given that you can see VM boxes for sale on various on line sites, even though presumably they are useless without VM authorisation they must have a fair few boxes that were never returned after the customers quit paying for the service
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Sam_Hain wrote: »
    I have been trying to cancel my Virgin Media package as I split with my wife over 2 years ago. I have been paying Virgin ever since, but am struggling to cancel.

The package and payments are under my name, however my wife lives at the property where the Virgin box is.

Virgin are saying they can't cancel unless they get their box back. The wife won't let me enter, hence I'm still getting monthly payments taken out of my account.

HELP!!!!!

worst case. Cancel and pay for the box.
    IMO better than your ex getting free Virgin and causing you grief.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure