Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tonyb6
    • By tonyb6 2nd Oct 17, 11:38 AM
    • 26Posts
    • 0Thanks
    tonyb6
    Help PlusNet Broadband and moving home
    • 2nd Oct 17, 11:38 AM
    Help PlusNet Broadband and moving home 2nd Oct 17 at 11:38 AM
    Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me or have any advice.

I've sold my house and am moving out on Friday 6th. The process has taken 3 weeks which I think must be a record for accpeting an offer and getting the new residents in.

My problem is with Plusnet. As I dont have a new address Im not able to transfer my serice for which I am in contract for. I have asked them to disconect the service when I move out and to hold the service while I find somewhere permanent to live. I expect this process to betweeen 4 and 8 weeks. I have said I am happy to continue to pay for the service while its on hold and as I'm under contract for £14.99 per month I dont see the issue. I have allready paid my line rental charges in full

Plusnet are saying they cant do this. That they can only transfer the service or cease it. If they cease it I have to pay £55.00 and a cease charge of £30. I alos loose my line rental which I paid ion advance. As the guy on the phone said I would loose a "wad of money" his words!

If anyone has any advice I would appriciate it?
    Thanks
    Tony
Page 1
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 2nd Oct 17, 6:23 PM
    • 8,375 Posts
    • 4,981 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 2nd Oct 17, 6:23 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 6:23 PM
    From posts made by others, the inability to put your service on hold , is universal.

My sister is soon to move but needed to renew her broadband and line deal,now, so helped by PlusNet's useless offer of just £1 /month off and the fact that they had a high charge to move (no delay involved), she moved to Sky with a lower offer , a much lower charge to move and a promise (though she hasn't had it in writing yet) that she can continue on her offer of ADSL and anytime calls for £20.50.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

671Posts Today

6,001Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin