Help PlusNet Broadband and moving home

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me or have any advice.

I've sold my house and am moving out on Friday 6th. The process has taken 3 weeks which I think must be a record for accpeting an offer and getting the new residents in.

My problem is with Plusnet. As I dont have a new address Im not able to transfer my serice for which I am in contract for. I have asked them to disconect the service when I move out and to hold the service while I find somewhere permanent to live. I expect this process to betweeen 4 and 8 weeks. I have said I am happy to continue to pay for the service while its on hold and as I'm under contract for £14.99 per month I dont see the issue. I have allready paid my line rental charges in full

Plusnet are saying they cant do this. That they can only transfer the service or cease it. If they cease it I have to pay £55.00 and a cease charge of £30. I alos loose my line rental which I paid ion advance. As the guy on the phone said I would loose a "wad of money" his words!

If anyone has any advice I would appriciate it?
Thanks
Tony

Comments

• teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    From posts made by others, the inability to put your service on hold , is universal.

My sister is soon to move but needed to renew her broadband and line deal,now, so helped by PlusNet's useless offer of just £1 /month off and the fact that they had a high charge to move (no delay involved), she moved to Sky with a lower offer , a much lower charge to move and a promise (though she hasn't had it in writing yet) that she can continue on her offer of ADSL and anytime calls for £20.50.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure