PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Buyer wants built in bed removed after exchange...

Options

Comments

• Red-Squirrel_2
    Options
    They can whistle, are they first time buyers? They seem to be getting more and more demanding!
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So we finally exchanged, due to move soon and our buyer now wants our 5yr olds built in bed to be removed, with us to repair walls and replace carpets if damaged!

How did this requestt reach you? Via solicitors?

If not, simply ignore.

If so, instruct your solicitor to respond that you are leaving the fixtures and fittings.

Don't get into debate.
  • goodwithsaving
    Options
    If not in the conditions on exchange, don't do it and tell them to get lost.
  • marksandygill
    Options
    Well I'm not sure I 100% trust them, after getting £40k off the asking price and trying to chip us for £20k before exchange, they then said their fridge won't fit so can we fridge swap, with us paying for the man in a van to collect from their house...:)
  • mrschaucer
    Options
    They sound utterly delightful people.
  • VintageHistorian
    Options
    No to removing the bed and no to you paying to swap over the fridges. They are clearly the kind of people that must have everything their way, and who believe that you exist solely to make sure it's done their way.
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind - Doctor Who

Total overpayments in 2021 - £901.28!
  • jbainbridge
    Options
    Given that it's not in the contract ignore them.

Given that it sounds like you've been messed about by them, I'd be even more inclined to ignore them.
  • goodwithsaving
    Options
    After reading more info about the fridge, tell them to get stuffed. I'd also take light bulbs just to make a point.....but that's just me (I would normally leave flowers etc and a gift, but wouldn't bother with awkward buyers)
  • cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 September 2017 at 1:45PM
    Options
    We had fully fitted wardrobes, chests of drawers and dressing table in the main bedroom of our last property, our buyers wanted us to remove them, pay for any work needed to make good and replace carpet as it was fitted up to the units.

They stated that they had their own free standing furniture that they wanted to bring with them, we point blank refused as it was stated in the estate agents blurb that the room had fitted units, they were told that if they wanted to remove them that was up to them after the sale had gone through.
  • gazter
    gazter Posts: 931 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I'm not sure I 100% trust them, after getting £40k off the asking price and trying to chip us for £20k before exchange, they then said their fridge won't fit so can we fridge swap, with us paying for the man in a van to collect from their house...:)

Were they successful in trying to knock you down at exchange?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure