Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dkmaxx
    • By dkmaxx 13th Sep 17, 1:07 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    dkmaxx
    Parkingeye ticket Tower Road, Newquay
    • 13th Sep 17, 1:07 PM
    Parkingeye ticket Tower Road, Newquay 13th Sep 17 at 1:07 PM
    Hi,

I unfortunately have come to this site late as i filled in an online appeal which has been declined, as part of the appeals there is a drop down and i cannot remember if i selected the registered keeper or the driver. they have given me the POPLA reference number.

The short version is i paid for 4 hours and according to their cameras i was there for 4 hours 35 minutes on the 25/08/2017,

I do remember this as there was a huge queue for the machine as a lot of people were complaining that the machine wasn't giving change so i opted to pay via the app, which apparently was supposed to send alerts but didn't. so there was a delay between the camera clocking me on the way in and paying for the duration.

on the way out there was a vehicle that was blocking us in and we where waiting a while until the other family had finished loading up before we could leave the car park.

We paid for 4 hours, as mentioned as part of the appeal i can't recall if i put myself as the driver or registered keeper or both,

Any assistance on this would be wonderful.
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 13th Sep 17, 1:20 PM
    • 32,794 Posts
    • 16,822 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 13th Sep 17, 1:20 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 1:20 PM
    Everyone is politely asked to read the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Go there now for lots of advice on preparing your popla appeal which you can put up here for comments
    • dkmaxx
    • By dkmaxx 13th Sep 17, 1:37 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dkmaxx
    • 13th Sep 17, 1:37 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 1:37 PM
    Ok So i have read the newbies, and as mentioned i cannot be sure if i have select driver owner or both in the drop down box during my appeal, does this mean that i can still use the no NTK letter ??
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Sep 17, 1:42 PM
    • 14,554 Posts
    • 22,897 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 13th Sep 17, 1:42 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 1:42 PM
    As well as following Quentin's good advice, read other Tower Road cases that have cropped up over the past 6 weeks as all will be in a similar position to you, and in the main, advice there will apply to you too.

If you want to check that specific advice from the other threads applies to you, just ask, but don't come back with unresearched questions necessitating regulars having to type out the same advice that you can easily find here. Do a forum search on 'Tower Road' to bring up dozens of cases.

Holiday periods always see a disproportionate number of Newquay parking cases, I wonder how much this is really costing Newquay in future business?

Write to the Newquay Council, to the Newquay Tourist Board and to the local MP, Steve Double to express your disgust at your treatment as a genuine tourist coming to Newquay for rest and recreation, only to go home with a headache and a big bill.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

560Posts Today

4,974Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin