Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • swoon
    • By swoon 12th Sep 17, 2:20 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    swoon
    Glastones PCN/Northampton County Court
    • 12th Sep 17, 2:20 PM
    Glastones PCN/Northampton County Court 12th Sep 17 at 2:20 PM
    Hello, I'm a new to all of this, so do bear with me.

Having corresponded with Parking Control Management about a PCN issued to me on 17/11/2016, I have this morning just received a claim form from the Northampton County Court Business Centre, and need some advice.

The PCN issued was for not displaying a valid parking permit to park in the car park of my partner's flat. It is a car park for the estate where he resides.

On 16/11/2016, I parked my car in a parking space, and my partner who was with me at the time, put the valid parking permit on the dash. The permit only states the day it was valid from, in this case, June 2009.

Returning to my car the next day, a PCN was pinned to my car with the reason that a valid parking permit was not displayed. I put the PCN back on the windscreen and took photographs. Went online to file an appeal, but could not until 24 hours had elapsed from the time of the notice. I appealed the next day and attached the photographs as evidence.

I looked at the parking companies photographic evidence online, 11 photos, all of which showed no picture of my permit which was resting on the dashboard. Most of their photographs were taken from a distance, straight on, and those that were taken close up to the car were done so in such a way, they seemed conveniently to angle out where the permit was.

24 hours later my appeal was rejected as their photographic evidence showed. I rang Parking Control Management who told me that they do not accept photographic evidence submitted online, even though there is an attachment button on their website, I attached and it went through. I was told to submit the evidence via writing, which I did.

7 days later, the appeal was rejected on the ground that the initial decision had been made. And that I need to pay the £100 fine within 7 days. Feeling totally annoyed at this situation, I did not pay anything as I felt the decision was unfair and the fact that I can prove that I did display a valid permit. It did feel that I was being defrauded and lied to.

Anyhow, since November 2016, I received a letter, every 6-8 weeks asking me to pay the fine, giving me options on how to pay the fine, and a reduced payment offer. Eventually the letters changed from being sent from PCM to Gladstone Solicitors.

On 11/7/17, I received quite a threatening letter from Gladstones, asking me now to pay £160 for the offence. I replied, and attached the photographic evidence. On 15/8/17 received a letter still stating that their client's photo evidence proves that the vehicle was left unattended with no permit on display, and I am liable.

Now, I obviously feel that they are trying to extort money from me by means of fraud and deception. I am going to send the acknowledgment of service to the court, but as I am away for 10 days tomorrow in Spain, will file a defence when I am back as have 28 days to do so.

Where do I start? Can they fleece me even more as the total now stands at £244.37

Thanks
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Sep 17, 3:05 PM
    • 15,502 Posts
    • 19,590 Thanks
    Redx
    • 12th Sep 17, 3:05 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 3:05 PM
    you need to read and follow the advice in the NEWBIES sticky thread, post #2

especially read the BARGEPOLE posts , do the AOS online, to extend the time for the defence from 14 to 28 days , then get a shift on when you come back in preparing your defence

read maybe a dozen other similar threads and do what they are doing , read their defences and prepare your own

and edit your post to remove any idea of who did what

the only acceptable terms are

THE DRIVER

THE KEEPER

no "ME , MYSELF or I"
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • swoon
    • By swoon 12th Sep 17, 3:29 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    swoon
    • 12th Sep 17, 3:29 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 3:29 PM
    Ok, will do.

Just hope it goes in my favour. So much time and effort for doing nothing wrong and obeying the parking companies terms and conditions.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 12th Sep 17, 3:48 PM
    • 5,955 Posts
    • 7,672 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 12th Sep 17, 3:48 PM
    • 12th Sep 17, 3:48 PM
    Ok, will do.

Just hope it goes in my favour. So much time and effort for doing nothing wrong and obeying the parking companies terms and conditions.
    Originally posted by swoon
    Another residential case where Gladstones are on the high
    board and there is no water left in the pool ?

Judges are not impressed by the incompetent Gladstones

With a good defence they will probably discontinue but not
    before they try to offer one last ditch chance of a discount

A shabby firm with shabby tactics
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

184Posts Today

1,649Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin