Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • matt1987
    • By matt1987 22nd Aug 17, 7:56 PM
    • 865Posts
    • 253Thanks
    matt1987
    Cars Stolen
    • 22nd Aug 17, 7:56 PM
    Cars Stolen 22nd Aug 17 at 7:56 PM
    Hey all,

Feeling so confused at the moment - and my insurance company really arent clearing anything up at the moment....

My house was broken into in the early hours of Monday morning, and consequently the thieves took my 2 vehicle - both under 2 years old and both on PCP.

My insurance policy states that if the vehicles are stolen within 2 years of new ownership, they will be replaced with new ones of the same UK spec.

I have been on the phone to the insurance again today as I wanted them to explain how this works - but they keep going on about market valuations and that someone will be in contact to discuss. Surely whats Market valuations got to do with anything when I have new car replacement?

Does anyone have any experience of this? Are the insurance company going to try and pull a fast one with me?

Thanks!

Matt
Page 3
    • deaston
    • By deaston 10th Sep 17, 11:41 AM
    • 452 Posts
    • 235 Thanks
    deaston
    And this is generally the advice by the police. Whilst don't leave your keys on display but don't then take them upstairs to bed with you either.
    Originally posted by neilmcl
    Oh really? I keep my car keys in a very odd place, figuring if I was broken into they'd never find them. Didn't occur to me that I might be in the house at the time and they'd come looking for me to get the keys.

I better change my ways.
    • matt1987
    • By matt1987 14th Sep 17, 6:56 PM
    • 865 Posts
    • 253 Thanks
    matt1987
    So Audi has been forensically examined - they have found DNA and Fingerprints inside, and also some drink containers which are not mine which have been swabbed too. Hopefully this will lead to a positive match on Police systems and we will get atleast some justice - whether that be with just a TWOC offence!

Both cars have been sorted now - we are just waiting to take delivery of the new cars - hopefully wont be too long before we are back on the road!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

262Posts Today

1,329Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin