EE missed payment

dk5294
dk5294 Posts: 178 Forumite
My direct debit with EE is going to fail tomorrow as I haven't been paid from work. I called as they've said it will be upto 14 days before the matter is resolved and we've received our pay. They said I have a grace period and I won't get cut off within the 14 days but I'm really sceptical.

Does anyone know how it works? Never been in this situation before if I'm honest.

Already raided the bank of mum to cover rent etc but don't want to borrow too much in case they mess up again!

Comments

• dk5294
    dk5294 Posts: 178 Forumite
    Additional: had my account with them 4yrs and never missed a payment or paid late in that time.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    I'd be far more concerned about a negative entry on your external credit file.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Every company has its own policy. Your best bet is to call EE and explain the situation and be guided by them. With some companies disconnection is controlled by computer and cannot be overruled by CS staff, hopefully you'll be OK, particularly for a first offence.
  • Andrew_EE
    Andrew_EE Posts: 3 Organisation Representative
    Hi dk5294, It's great to hear that our team have been able to assist with this as I'm sure it's a very stressful time. If you've got any further questions, then I would recommend getting in touch directly with us (http://ee.co.uk/help/get-in-touch) and we'll be more than happy to help. Thanks, Andrew.
    Official Company Representative
    I'm an official company representative of EE. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure