Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WGG1848
    • By WGG1848 19th Jun 17, 5:39 PM
    • 47Posts
    • 21Thanks
    WGG1848
    Telegraph Travel
    • 19th Jun 17, 5:39 PM
    Telegraph Travel 19th Jun 17 at 5:39 PM
    This weekend I saw an advert by Telegraph Travel for a concert in December by Andre Rieu.
    The 'Offer' was for concert tickets and overnight accommodation in Glasgow. It included coach transport to and from the hotel to the SECC.
    I booked but got the dates wrong and realised immediately we could not make it.
    The total cost for two tickets was £428 and the deposit was £200.
    I tried to cancel first thing Monday morning but was told it would cost the total amount of the deposit!
    I find this totally unbelievable.
    Telegraph Travel should be brought to task for having such unreasonable terms.
    Having contacted The Telegraph I was told in no uncertain terms either loose your £200 or try to re sell the tickets privately!
Page 1
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 19th Jun 17, 7:07 PM
    • 7,127 Posts
    • 7,145 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 19th Jun 17, 7:07 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 7:07 PM
    Looks like you got more than the date wrong!

Of the twenty-odd Glasgows worldwide, the one with the SECC isn't in a foreign country, so its not applicable to this forum.

Also, by the sounds of it, this is no bargain at all - again making it out of the remit of this forum.

Maybe you should get it moved to the PVW forum or even the UK travel/Tickets forum instead, where it would be entirely appropriate.
    • WGG1848
    • By WGG1848 19th Jun 17, 8:41 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    WGG1848
    • 19th Jun 17, 8:41 PM
    • 19th Jun 17, 8:41 PM
    Apologies, not my day it seems....
    • savvy
    • By savvy 20th Jun 17, 4:40 PM
    • 29,658 Posts
    • 45,199 Thanks
    savvy
    • 20th Jun 17, 4:40 PM
    • 20th Jun 17, 4:40 PM
    Apologies, not my day it seems....
    Originally posted by WGG1848
    No worries WGG1848 - easy mistake to make. Will move you over to the Praise, Vents and Warning Board where you may get some help possibly.
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm

I'm a volunteer Board Guide on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, I can move & change posts, but don't read them all, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

666Posts Today

6,282Users online

Martin's Twitter