Telegraph Travel

Options
This weekend I saw an advert by Telegraph Travel for a concert in December by Andre Rieu.
The 'Offer' was for concert tickets and overnight accommodation in Glasgow. It included coach transport to and from the hotel to the SECC.
I booked but got the dates wrong and realised immediately we could not make it.
The total cost for two tickets was £428 and the deposit was £200.
I tried to cancel first thing Monday morning but was told it would cost the total amount of the deposit!
I find this totally unbelievable.
Telegraph Travel should be brought to task for having such unreasonable terms.
Having contacted The Telegraph I was told in no uncertain terms either loose your £200 or try to re sell the tickets privately!

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Looks like you got more than the date wrong!

Of the twenty-odd Glasgows worldwide, the one with the SECC isn't in a foreign country, so its not applicable to this forum.

Also, by the sounds of it, this is no bargain at all - again making it out of the remit of this forum.

Maybe you should get it moved to the PVW forum or even the UK travel/Tickets forum instead, where it would be entirely appropriate.
  • WGG1848
    WGG1848 Posts: 53 Forumite
    Options
    Apologies, not my day it seems....
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    WGG1848 wrote: »
    Apologies, not my day it seems....
    No worries WGG1848 - easy mistake to make. Will move you over to the Praise, Vents and Warning Board where you may get some help possibly.
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure