Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • blue_eyed_girl123
    • By blue_eyed_girl123 19th Apr 17, 1:08 PM
    • 32Posts
    • 57Thanks
    blue_eyed_girl123
    Debt Free by December 2017
    • 19th Apr 17, 1:08 PM
    Debt Free by December 2017 19th Apr 17 at 1:08 PM
    I have been lurking on here for a while and decided to start my own debt free diary! We had to buy a new car last year and along with various other circumstances (broken boiler, sick cat, bathroom with tiles falling off and broken shower), we are currently repaying our debt.

The amount stands at £6750.02 and I would like this paid off by December 2017 as we will be saving for a wedding from January 2018 (it is taking all the willpower I have to not start buying wedding things!)

Have seen that lots of people on here are really supportive so would appreciate it as I work towards a DFD.

Current debt:
    £4100 to parents - interest free
    £2650.02 credit card - interest free
Page 2
    • blue_eyed_girl123
    • By blue_eyed_girl123 5th Jun 17, 8:28 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    blue_eyed_girl123
    Studying was slightly less productive than I hoped but felt like I caught up on lots of things . Reviewing the credit card, I have paid off more than I realised so current debt stands at £5915.52!

Bought a lawnmower from savings on Saturday, our garden of late seems to have been growing quicker than we can keep up with it, so definitely much needed. Still have enough in savings for car insurance though .

£35.14 to last us until payday (16th), which should be doable as we have most of this weeks food plus some extra bits, and the car is still well fuelled.

Reduced wage this time though, hopefully afterwards we can get down to some serious debt busting !
    • blue_eyed_girl123
    • By blue_eyed_girl123 10th Jun 17, 4:53 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    blue_eyed_girl123
    Been another busy week, think that will be the pattern from now until my birthday in August... Feel like I'm getting into a bit of a rhythm though rather than just chasing my tail which is nice, and trying to keep on top of my Uni work which seems to be working so far.

£4.85 to last us until payday on Friday, might need to dip into savings slightly, although next month should be slightly less spendy . Hoping to keep enough aside for car insurance in September which should be £400.

New lawnmower definitely worth it as garden is looking presentable again. At some point we would like a nice patio, but I think the wedding will come first. One step at a time .
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 10th Jun 17, 5:28 PM
    • 3,764 Posts
    • 14,956 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    One step at a time indeed

DFW £718.71/£7348.71
    Rent Arrears £331.28/£3381.28

June 17 PA £121.25 + £70 Cash + £50 Amazon
    July 17 PA £216.52 + £25 Cash + £45 Amazon
    • blue_eyed_girl123
    • By blue_eyed_girl123 4th Jul 17, 8:26 AM
    • 32 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    blue_eyed_girl123
    Not posted in far too long, with placement, life has taken a turn for the extra busy. Only two weeks left now though and I can't wait to finish! It has been lovely but trying to condense my regular job of 35 hours into 18 hours has been a real challenge!

Debt now at £5,515.52, and H2B has taken on 10 hours overtime this week at time and a half so that's more pennies in the kitty, plus waiting on around £100 cash back and did the TSB bank switch which should be another £130.

Might be paying off some extra debt after all .
    • blue_eyed_girl123
    • By blue_eyed_girl123 4th Jul 17, 11:03 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    blue_eyed_girl123
    Also paid off more than £1000 since starting in April, so not bad in just over 2 months.

Am enjoying using this diary too see how far we have come rather than always focusing on the day to day stuff
    • datlex
    • By datlex 4th Jul 17, 11:14 PM
    • 1,279 Posts
    • 1,075 Thanks
    datlex
    Good luck with your endeavours. I paid off the last of my debt in December so I know how great it feels to end the year totally debt free and start the New Year with a new slate. One thing I have found helpful is to put aside now what I did pay for my final debt. It is building up nicely.
    • blue_eyed_girl123
    • By blue_eyed_girl123 16th Jul 17, 6:18 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    blue_eyed_girl123
    Thank you , we will hopefully be putting some money towards the wedding and some money in a Lifetime ISA (as I own the house but H2B doesn't) towards something bigger in the future. Our house is perfect for the two of us plus a cat now, but we might need something bigger were we to have extra family members .

Worked 43 hours this week! Although I get TOIL rather than actual paid overtime, hoping for two weeks off at the end of August as right now I could sleep for England!

H2B had good news this week in that he is getting a payrise (yay!) which will also help with debt busting and I've applied for two market research things on P0d3ng0 which might be another £280, if I get accepted. Still waiting on £105 cash back and have £7.26 courtesy of APG this week.

5 weeks until I can rest !
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,169Posts Today

6,459Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin