Debt Free by December 2017

Options

Comments

• DaringToDream_2
    Options
    It's all about the crazy meal combinations- I had loads of family over for easter and ended up with so much leftover food that needed using up. My colleagues thought i was bonkers with some of the random work lunches i was eating (leftover quiche, cold sausages and a roast potato was probably the highlight-but it tasted really good and cost nothing!!).
    Loan £13,339.81 (4.9%) Current End Date Dec 2020
    CC1 £3496.00 (0% for another 20 months)
    CC2 £2500 (0% for another 20 months)
    Total: £19335.81:eek:
  • blue_eyed_girl123
    Options
    Haha, working with children I've eaten random leftovers like that before from having Christmas parties etc. At least it didn't go to waste. Tonight was batch cooked chilli and the rest is to freeze. Might buy a couple of potatoes tomorrow and have a jacket potato and a friend who lives nearby has invited me round for tea on Sunday :).
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    I have found dealing with round numbers much easier to process than leaving things at odd penny's.

And weirdly round figures feel more "real" to me. We are all different and I don't think there is any logical reason for this but it has helped me massively.

I am trying very hard to eat what is in my freezer too so will be joining you on strange meals like chicken nuggets and Yorkshire puddings.Not one for the Facebook page!

Keep going. You are doing well. xx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • LadyP01
    LadyP01 Posts: 222 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Congrats its only 7 months till ur dfd and then you can plan your wedding. Great news on getting under 6k
  • blue_eyed_girl123
    Options
    Went to @sd@ and a slightly spendier day than expected, spent £20.64 because I decided to make a cheesecake to take with me. A Nigella recipe so not very MSE but lovely friends so I'm not too fussed. Hoping for NSD tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday. All I might need is some milk.

In other news, I spent today working on my assignment, mowing the lawn and then making the cheesecake. H2B is enjoying himself on his weekend away. Although I miss H2B it's nice to be able to work on my assignment without worrying I'm ignoring him :).
  • blue_eyed_girl123
    Options
    Spent £15 on petrol today and got another few hours work done on my assignment, currently somewhere at the 40+ pages mark! Will have a big push on it tomorrow to hopefully get it close to finished before H2B gets home :). Excited to see him although I think he will be shattered after three nights on the town :eek:
  • blue_eyed_girl123
    Options
    Back again after holiday :). Was a wonderfully relaxing week away :D. Also assignment submitted to deadline so just waiting on the results now.

Debt remains the same, currently have £549.79 to our name and bought most of the food to get us through until Tuesday which is payday. Not sure how much I will get paid as I'm doing half the month full pay and half the month on half pay so will double check on Monday. Keeping a bit in the kitty with going to half pay for 10 weeks just in case we need a bit extra to tide us over.

Full steam ahead from Monday, for now, enjoying my last three days of annual leave :D.
  • blue_eyed_girl123
    Options
    Been a slightly manic 9 days! Just about keeping my head above the water and everything on track. Barclaycard payment goes out tomorrow and payment to parents on Saturday so I can update totals next week.

Went to @sd@ today and spent £44 on groceries etc for H2B and I. Includes lunches and a 40 pouch box of cat food :p, so quite pleased with that. Would like to get it lower but I'm trying to balance life and study and everything else...

Will read some other diaries for inspiration :D
  • blue_eyed_girl123
    Options
    Current debt stands at £5940.02! So glad to be under £6k, and almost £1000 gone since I started posting. Feels lots better when I put it like that :D. Currently have £600 in saving although at least half of that will be going on car insurance in September. Trying to plan ahead and be proactive.

Spent £33.79 for a weeks shop today so pleased with that, as it includes lunches although realised we are out of bin bags so will have to go via a shop at some point tomorrow.

Wedding venue viewing tomorrow (we have already been to lots and lots and still need to find one we like and won't charge £16k :eek:)

This week will involve mostly studying so I will need to get my head down and focus on that but sure I can mix in some treats as well :D.
  • blue_eyed_girl123
    Options
    Studying was slightly less productive than I hoped but felt like I caught up on lots of things :D. Reviewing the credit card, I have paid off more than I realised so current debt stands at £5915.52!

Bought a lawnmower from savings on Saturday, our garden of late seems to have been growing quicker than we can keep up with it, so definitely much needed. Still have enough in savings for car insurance though :D.

£35.14 to last us until payday (16th), which should be doable as we have most of this weeks food plus some extra bits, and the car is still well fuelled.

Reduced wage this time though, hopefully afterwards we can get down to some serious debt busting :D!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure