BT- broadband still not sorted after 5 engineers

Options
I was just asking help as what to do next, my case is open with cam3 team with BT, but all they do is keep sending engineers outwho cannot find any faults. Its been about a month and a half now and my speeds are 0.2mbps, when my line can handle 7mbps. The cam 3 team keep resetting my "BRAS profile" which gives me speeds but only lasts 3 days. I cannot get through to Cam3 team using helpline, they just tell me to wait for a call back. I have a crackling phone line but 5 engineers- nearly 2 months later and still in the same situation.

Any help/advice is appreciated

thanks

Comments

• lovinituk
    lovinituk Posts: 5,711 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Had the same problem with a business line. 6 "engineers" over 2 months and a bucket load of lies and excuses. I emailed several high ranking BT people I could find emails for and that got it put in front of a special trouble shooting team. That guy took minutes to fix and he didn't even have to come to the premises - he did it remotely.

I can't remember the exact details as it was a couple of years ago but I think he hard fixed an error threshold that kept the speed stable.

Openreach are completely and utterly useless!!
  • spandaman
    Options
    Im in the UK, [FONT=&quot] Feb 21, 2017 is when i joined there services and still not resolved :([/FONT]
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have you used your BT members community forum ??. Genuine non ranting posts often get picked up by top level CS .
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Crackling is normally poor connections in your nearest cab (there's a particular termination strip that causes problems that's name eludes me) or your dropwire if your line comes from a telegraph pole
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • jblessing
    jblessing Posts: 146 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    +1 for the BT community forums. Top notch people
  • kwikbreaks
    kwikbreaks Posts: 9,187 Forumite
    Options
    I had the same thing. 5 callouts and no fix. Each engineer claimed to have made repairs to a different section of the cable starting with the drop wire and working back but still the problem persisted. I gave up on the BT infrastructure and swapped to VM cable but of course that isn't an option for many. When VM annoyed me to the point of leaving them (constant need to haggle over price increases and two bouts of severe local congestion) and I went back on BT infrastructure FTTC was available which missed out a large segment of the copper and the new line has been fine.
  • lovinituk
    lovinituk Posts: 5,711 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    kwikbreaks wrote: »
    I had the same thing. 5 callouts and no fix. Each engineer claimed to have made repairs to a different section of the cable starting with the drop wire and working back but still the problem persisted. I gave up on the BT infrastructure and swapped to VM cable but of course that isn't an option for many. When VM annoyed me to the point of leaving them (constant need to haggle over price increases and two bouts of severe local congestion) and I went back on BT infrastructure FTTC was available which missed out a large segment of the copper and the new line has been fine.
    Yes, switching to BT fibre was better for us too.
  • spandaman
    Options
    lovinituk wrote: »
    Yes, switching to BT fibre was better for us too.

This isnt a option for me as im too far from the exchange by about 30 mtrs lol, Still not sorted and now a 6th engineer booked in for tomorrow. ill update with any news after th visit.

Thank you all for your responses
  • spandaman
    Options
    DavidP24 wrote: »
    Complain to Chairman/CEO

BT Group
    Michael Rake Chairman

Email:
    Remind them that customer service targets cab cost them £290k

Mr Gavin Patterson Chief Executive

Email

Telephone 020 7356 4931 (DDI)

Thanks for that info, If it doesnt get sorted tmoz by engineer, I think im going to have to go down that route. They say 5 mile radius for fibre and im approximately 2.02km from the exchange, Withno Fibre available. Its a joke.
    The fastest broadband available in the Standon Rock area is 200 Mbps
    Fibre broadband
    Available

Virgin Media Fibre broadband
    Available

To get an overview of the avalabilty of broadband in Standon Rock and its surrounding area we have set out in the map below all the exchanges in a 5 mile radius of a central point in Standon Rock indicating which exchanges are configured to provide fibre broadband.
    There are 7 exchanges in a 5 mile radius of Standon Rock and currently 7 of these exchanges are fibre enabled.
    The good news is that according to our constantly updated records fibre broadband is available to homes within a 5 mile radius of Standon Rock. Exchanges in the area, which are owned and maintained by Openreach, have been fibre broadband enabled and as a consequence of this broadband providers who are reliant on Openreach's broadband network infrastructure (BT, Plusnet, Sky, TalkTalk, etc.) will be able to provide fibre broadband to homes within a 5 mile radius of Standon Rock. Virgin Media fibre broadband is also available to homes within a 5 mile radius of Standon Rock so you have the most diverse choice of fibre broadband providers. The maximum headline speed that is available within a 5 mile radius of Standon Rock is 300 Mbps.
    There are mitigating circumstances where you might not be able to get fibre broadband even if the local exchange is fibre broadband enabled.
    Of course if you don’t have a need for speed then ADSL broadband is available in Standon Rock with its maximum headline speed of 17 Mbps.
    The broadband deals we have presented to you below are specific to within a 5 mile radius of Standon Rock. This is a great help to get an overview of the types of broadband deals and broadband speeds that are available in the Standon Rock area but broadband availability can be varied within this 5 mile radius. To do a more accurate search enter your postcode in the search box below for deals specific to your home and details on your local broadband exchange.
  • lee111s
    lee111s Posts: 2,988 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Not sure where you've got the 5 mile thing from.

"Fibre broadband" which is actually delivered over the existing copper albeit from the cabinet, as opposed to the exchange has a real world limit of around 1.5 miles, or around 2.5Km. Very much dependant on the quality, guage and indeed metal used for the cabilng (some is aluminium
    as opposed to copper)

Can you post a screenshot of the results for your number from http://dslchecker.bt.com ideally showing which exhange and cabinet you're served by.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure