Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jamie_02
    • By jamie_02 20th Mar 17, 2:37 PM
    • 52Posts
    • 31Thanks
    jamie_02
    New TSB app
    • 20th Mar 17, 2:37 PM
    New TSB app 20th Mar 17 at 2:37 PM
    Happened to see a new TSB on the iOS App Store yesterday. It seems it's a brand new app, not an update to the existing one so it hadn't downloaded automatically (and I now have two TSB apps side-by-side, temporarily).

The interface is slicker, and it now supports fingerprint ID (a good thing, the last app's character entry is less secure). Some reviews comment on no available balance showing, but I haven't recently made any transactions on my account so I can't comment.

Anyway, not as good as Nationwide, but seems slicker and quicker than first direct.

Anyone have a preference for any other bank apps?
Page 1
    • badger09
    • By badger09 20th Mar 17, 3:17 PM
    • 4,636 Posts
    • 3,836 Thanks
    badger09
    • 20th Mar 17, 3:17 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 3:17 PM
    Happened to see a new TSB on the iOS App Store yesterday. It seems it's a brand new app, not an update to the existing one so it hadn't downloaded automatically (and I now have two TSB apps side-by-side, temporarily).

The interface is slicker, and it now supports fingerprint ID (a good thing, the last app's character entry is less secure). Some reviews comment on no available balance showing, but I haven't recently made any transactions on my account so I can't comment.

Anyway, not as good as Nationwide, but seems slicker and quicker than first direct.

Anyone have a preference for any other bank apps?
    Originally posted by jamie_02
    Having read the reviews on the new app, I won't be downloading it just yet. Odd that they've launched a 2nd app
    • gunsandbanjos
    • By gunsandbanjos 20th Mar 17, 4:42 PM
    • 12,081 Posts
    • 104,941 Thanks
    gunsandbanjos
    • 20th Mar 17, 4:42 PM
    • 20th Mar 17, 4:42 PM
    I've been trialling the new app for a while and really like it. Like the fact you can see pending transactions.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
    • EarthBoy
    • By EarthBoy 21st Mar 17, 6:58 AM
    • 1,642 Posts
    • 969 Thanks
    EarthBoy
    • 21st Mar 17, 6:58 AM
    • 21st Mar 17, 6:58 AM
    The new app has more functions than the old one, but I don't like the layout. You can't see all your accounts on the screen at the same time, like you could do with the old app. Also, when you open the app the old one took you straight to the login page, but now you have to click an extra login button to go to the login page, so it takes slightly longer.
    • gt94sss2
    • By gt94sss2 21st Mar 17, 7:04 AM
    • 3,925 Posts
    • 1,794 Thanks
    gt94sss2
    • 21st Mar 17, 7:04 AM
    • 21st Mar 17, 7:04 AM
    I see there is also a new app for android users as well.

Odd that they've launched a 2nd app
    Originally posted by badger09
    I suspect TSB are preparing for when they stop using Lloyds IT systems and switch to those of their new Spanish owners.
    • Doctor Duke
    • By Doctor Duke 21st Mar 17, 7:16 AM
    • 289 Posts
    • 127 Thanks
    Doctor Duke
    • 21st Mar 17, 7:16 AM
    • 21st Mar 17, 7:16 AM
    I am using the new Android app. I think it is clearer but still can't see a function to set up payments also is the huge balance the available balance would be good to be clear with this. Would also be good to be able to adjust/apply for an overdraft. It is a step in the right direction and hope they add functionality in the future.
    • scgf
    • By scgf 21st Mar 17, 7:50 AM
    • 339 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    scgf
    • 21st Mar 17, 7:50 AM
    • 21st Mar 17, 7:50 AM
    I seem to remember reading that the first glimpse of the new Sabadell platform would be in a new mobile app. Maybe this is it?
    • jamie_02
    • By jamie_02 21st Mar 17, 7:59 AM
    • 52 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    jamie_02
    • 21st Mar 17, 7:59 AM
    • 21st Mar 17, 7:59 AM
    I found it demands the fingerprint straight away like most other apps so there isn't that extra button screen.

But, it's buggy. It doesn't accept my fingerprint 50% of the time, gives an error message, offers up the characters from your password page, gives yet another error message but logs in.
    • isasmurf
    • By isasmurf 21st Mar 17, 8:51 AM
    • 1,488 Posts
    • 528 Thanks
    isasmurf
    • 21st Mar 17, 8:51 AM
    • 21st Mar 17, 8:51 AM
    I seem to remember reading that the first glimpse of the new Sabadell platform would be in a new mobile app. Maybe this is it?
    Originally posted by scgf
    Yes, it is.

From TSB annual results: "We expect to unveil the new platform fully to our customers towards the end of 2017 but they will begin to experience it through the launch of our new mobile banking app in Q1 2017."
    • EarthBoy
    • By EarthBoy 21st Mar 17, 9:12 AM
    • 1,642 Posts
    • 969 Thanks
    EarthBoy
    ... the huge balance ....
    Originally posted by Doctor Duke
    You're right, the font is enormous. I felt rather uncomfortable using the new app on the bus because anybody close by could easily see my bank balance. I don't know why they've made it so large, we aren't all short sighted. They could easily reduce the size and still make it perfectly legible. It would also allow them to fit more information onto the screen.
    Last edited by EarthBoy; 21-03-2017 at 12:10 PM.
    • badger09
    • By badger09 21st Mar 17, 10:21 AM
    • 4,636 Posts
    • 3,836 Thanks
    badger09
    I found it demands the fingerprint straight away like most other apps so there isn't that extra button screen.

But, it's buggy. It doesn't accept my fingerprint 50% of the time, gives an error message, offers up the characters from your password page, gives yet another error message but logs in.
    As I said

Having read the reviews on the new app, I won't be downloading it just yet.
    Originally posted by badger09
    • NotRichAtAll
    • By NotRichAtAll 21st Mar 17, 11:32 AM
    • 612 Posts
    • 463 Thanks
    NotRichAtAll
    I am using the new Android app. I think it is clearer but still can't see a function to set up payments also is the huge balance the available balance would be good to be clear with this. Would also be good to be able to adjust/apply for an overdraft. It is a step in the right direction and hope they add functionality in the future.
    Originally posted by Doctor Duke

I am not even able to find a new tsb app for android in the play store
    • eDicky
    • By eDicky 21st Mar 17, 11:34 AM
    • 2,133 Posts
    • 902 Thanks
    eDicky
    I just installed the 'TSB New Mobile Banking' Android app, out of curiosity, so now I have both on my phone, which has no fingerprint sensor.

It seems ok, and probably sensible to let people use it and give feedback without being immediately forced to use it in place of the old one, so that it can be developed and updated accordingly. I can see that the quality of a banking app is going become increasingly important.

The app shows any Direct Debits set up on the account, unlike the old one. I was surprised to see that the two DDs from the account I am switching to TSB are already listed, even though the switch is not due to complete until 24/03 (three more days) - so that was useful.
    • northwalesd
    • By northwalesd 21st Mar 17, 11:51 AM
    • 155 Posts
    • 99 Thanks
    northwalesd
    I am not even able to find a new tsb app for android in the play store
    Originally posted by NotRichAtAll
    I just searched the Play store for TSB and the app was displayed as TSB New Mobile Banking.

I prefer the old app, but that's probably familiarity - especially as I also use the Lloyds and the Halifax app. But it is good to see progress, especially with new functionality like being able to set up payees from within the app, like the LBG apps.

Not sure about the new functionality on the login page (for me), though the branch locator may be handy if I was stuck.

And yes, the font is HUGE!
    • Doctor Duke
    • By Doctor Duke 21st Mar 17, 12:02 PM
    • 289 Posts
    • 127 Thanks
    Doctor Duke
    You're right, the font is enormous. I felt rather uncomfortable using the new app on the bus because anybody close by could easily see my bank balance. I don't know why they've made it so large, we aren't all short sighted. They could easily reduce the size and still make it perfectly legible. It would also allow them to fit more information onto the screen.
    Originally posted by EarthBoy
    Totally agree far too bloody big and plenty of room for "available balance"! I did find how to set up a payment was buried in the options.
    • northwalesd
    • By northwalesd 22nd Mar 17, 7:25 AM
    • 155 Posts
    • 99 Thanks
    northwalesd
    The new app didn't seem to be working too well yesterday afternoon, kept displaying 'Receiving data' - while the old app seemed perfectly fine. Still seems to be a little slow this morning.
    • Doctor Duke
    • By Doctor Duke 23rd Mar 17, 7:00 PM
    • 289 Posts
    • 127 Thanks
    Doctor Duke
    I went back to using the old app today. In my view, it is much better if only it had direct debits and pending transactions that's probably all it needed adding to it.
    • GTR King
    • By GTR King 23rd Mar 17, 9:46 PM
    • 624 Posts
    • 118 Thanks
    GTR King
    The new app looks good...

Will TSB Be updating their website any time soon??
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,479Posts Today

7,776Users online

Martin's Twitter