Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • edinh05
    • By edinh05 18th Mar 17, 3:36 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    edinh05
    Not advising Change of Registered Keeper to PCM
    • 18th Mar 17, 3:36 PM
    Not advising Change of Registered Keeper to PCM 18th Mar 17 at 3:36 PM
    Dear all,
    Some quick context:
    I received a PCN from PCM in January 2016 which I contested and appealed through the IPC process. The appeal was unsuccessful and a debt recovery letter from DRP followed, which was ignored. In April 2016 we moved house, the change of address relayed to the DVLA and an updated V5 sent out. At no stage did I inform PCM of the change of address of the registered keeper.

Some post forwarded to our new address included a further debt recovery letter from Zenith dated June 2016 and nothing further was heard on the matter. Fast forward to March 2017 and I've just been made aware of a letter sent to the old address from Gladstones stating that they have recently obtained a CCJ on behalf of PCM and that I will have "no doubt received a copy of the Judgement of the Court."

I have received no correspondence directly to my new address relating to any Court proceedings and do not know what might have been sent to the previous address.

Can anyone provide a steer as to where do I stand on this?

Many thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th Mar 17, 3:38 PM
    • 43,976 Posts
    • 56,721 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 18th Mar 17, 3:38 PM
    • 18th Mar 17, 3:38 PM
    Dear all,
    Some quick context:
    I received a PCN from PCM in January 2016 which I contested and appealed through the IPC process. The appeal was unsuccessful and a debt recovery letter from DRP followed, which was ignored. In April 2016 we moved house, the change of address relayed to the DVLA and an updated V5 sent out. At no stage did I inform PCM of the change of address of the registered keeper.

Some post forwarded to our new address included a further debt recovery letter from Zenith dated June 2016 and nothing further was heard on the matter. Fast forward to March 2017 and I've just been made aware of a letter sent to the old address from Gladstones stating that they have recently obtained a CCJ on behalf of PCM and that I will have "no doubt received a copy of the Judgement of the Court."

I have received no correspondence directly to my new address relating to any Court proceedings and do not know what might have been sent to the previous address.

Can anyone provide a steer as to where do I stand on this?
    Originally posted by edinh05
    Search this board for 'set aside' and follow that process. Loads of threads setting aside CCJs here.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• edinh05
    • By edinh05 18th Mar 17, 3:52 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    edinh05
    • 18th Mar 17, 3:52 PM
    • 18th Mar 17, 3:52 PM
    Will do many thanks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th Mar 17, 3:54 PM
    • 43,976 Posts
    • 56,721 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 18th Mar 17, 3:54 PM
    • 18th Mar 17, 3:54 PM
    Threads galore like this:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5612773

But there are loads more, including one found when you search for 'Ash' or 'saggi' who both recently got set asides.

HTH
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 18th Mar 17, 4:04 PM
    • 11,784 Posts
    • 17,929 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 18th Mar 17, 4:04 PM
    • 18th Mar 17, 4:04 PM
    The PPC will continue to only correspond with the original address provided to them by the DVLA, you updating the DVLA about a subsequent change of address does not update the PPC. They would only correspond with the new address if you inform the PPC and/or the debt collectors in writing. This is where things have gone wrong here.

Get on with applying for a set aside. You might find the following helpful:

http://www.aboutsmallclaims.co.uk/

http://www.aboutsmallclaims.co.uk/set-aside-default-court-judgment.html
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • edinh05
    • By edinh05 22nd Mar 17, 9:32 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    edinh05
    • 22nd Mar 17, 9:32 PM
    • 22nd Mar 17, 9:32 PM
    Many thanks for the pointers so far. I've prepared a statement to attach to the N244 and will send off shortly.
    To be clear, was I under any obligation to inform PCM that I had moved? At the time of our move I'd had nothing more than the usual round of DRP letters.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,426Posts Today

7,722Users online

Martin's Twitter