Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
    • timnicebutdim
    • By timnicebutdim 27th Sep 07, 11:52 AM
    • 322 Posts
    • 222 Thanks
    timnicebutdim
    • 27th Sep 07, 11:52 AM
    • 27th Sep 07, 11:52 AM
    If I read your post correctly, then a simple way to calculate VAT on excel is to multiply the net figure by 1.175

So if the net figure is in cell A1, the formula is =a1*1.175 which will give you the gross figure (including vat). To strip out the VAT and return to the net figure divide by 1.175 hence =a1/1.175
  • isofa
    • 27th Sep 07, 11:58 AM
    • 27th Sep 07, 11:58 AM
    I'd have three columns for the amount:

Net, VAT and Gross

Net - obviously free from VAT.
    VAT - show the VAT amount if there is any (you can auto calc this from using net*17.5/100
    Gross - have this totalling the Net and VAT columns.

Obviously if there is no VAT on the item, put a zero in the VAT column so the net and gross show the same value.

As this is food related, there may be different VAT rates applicable, so you might want a 4th column to show the VAT rate.
  • Bean Counter
    • 27th Sep 07, 12:22 PM
    • 27th Sep 07, 12:22 PM
    All was fine until he had the bright idea of using bookers as opposed to ASDA to purchase stock

now the problem is that some of the stuff is chargable for VAt and some isnt
    Originally posted by mercman1969
    Is all the information not on the VAT receipt from Bookers? And if he does not have a VAT receipt he should ask for one. The VAT receipt will detail how much as been bought at the different VAT rates i.e. the net and VAT amounts for each category.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,286Posts Today

8,333Users online

Martin's Twitter