Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SallySaunders
    • By SallySaunders 16th Mar 17, 8:49 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    SallySaunders
    How much over the minimum payment should I pay to avoid getting the 'marker'
    • 16th Mar 17, 8:49 PM
    How much over the minimum payment should I pay to avoid getting the 'marker' 16th Mar 17 at 8:49 PM
    Hi there

I took out a "0% for 24 months" credit card with my bank in October last year (Lloyds). I decided to pay the minimum payment until just before the offer ends and then pay off the balance in full. Thought I'd just keep my savings to myself for a while. I've borrowed 4,000 but the credit limit is 11500 (an amount I never asked for!

Anyway, I had a letter from them yesterday saying that they'd 'noticed' I was only paying the minimum amount and I should consider upping my payments.

I'm afraid to say that I hadn't realized that only paying the minimum amount would lead to a 'marker' being placed on my record with them ...

So could anyone tell me for sure how much extra I'd need to pay to get this marker removed? I've searched through the threads and there seem to be different opinions. Some say just a pound will do, others that it should be more than that.

Many thanks in advance ...

Sally
Page 2
    • nic_c
    • By nic_c 20th Mar 17, 9:11 PM
    • 754 Posts
    • 470 Thanks
    nic_c
    @Sally sounds a good idea. You have the funds, don't need more credit and paying just above will avoid the marker.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

597Posts Today

5,359Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just leaving Manchester after the funeral of my beloved grandma Gladys who passed away last night. https://t.co/nuC9ry5mP6

• The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Follow Martin