Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • goldspark
    • By goldspark 7th Mar 17, 10:14 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    goldspark
    Rointe Reviews
    • 7th Mar 17, 10:14 AM
    Rointe Reviews 7th Mar 17 at 10:14 AM
    Hi All,
    I am about to remove the costly panel heaters in my home!
    I cannot get gas unfortunately. I was looking into options in terms of easy instillation and the option to program the heaters, and of course the cost of running the things.
    Has anyone had experience with these heaters?
Page 1
    • AndyC123
    • By AndyC123 7th Mar 17, 10:28 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    AndyC123
    • 7th Mar 17, 10:28 AM
    • 7th Mar 17, 10:28 AM
    I am actually an Electrical Fitter, Every single job I have done the customer has been happy with the outlay, everything has been left clean and tidy and they are happy with the radiators, they are easy to use. We’ve had a few phone calls where the customer said it has made a difference.. so a lot of happy people..
    • Jlabriola
    • By Jlabriola 7th Mar 17, 3:33 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jlabriola
    • 7th Mar 17, 3:33 PM
    • 7th Mar 17, 3:33 PM
    I had a great experience with mine, I couldn't get gas heating where my house is, so I installed Rointe radiators for every room. I initially thought the cost was going to be very expensive but as it turns out its a actually quite cheap to run these.
    I was checking the internet a lot to see various reviews also..
    best of luck with your choice
    • enator
    • By enator 7th Mar 17, 4:15 PM
    • 91 Posts
    • 104 Thanks
    enator
    • 7th Mar 17, 4:15 PM
    • 7th Mar 17, 4:15 PM
    Spamtastic
    • Ebe Scrooge
    • By Ebe Scrooge 7th Mar 17, 4:21 PM
    • 4,039 Posts
    • 3,451 Thanks
    Ebe Scrooge
    • 7th Mar 17, 4:21 PM
    • 7th Mar 17, 4:21 PM
    I am actually an Electrical Fitter, Every single job I have done the customer has been happy with the outlay, everything has been left clean and tidy and they are happy with the radiators, they are easy to use. We’ve had a few phone calls where the customer said it has made a difference.. so a lot of happy people..
    Originally posted by AndyC123

I'm delighted for you

I could go into details about how all electrical heaters cost the same to run ... and how you can only make savings by using cheaper off-peak rates ... but if these new posters all want to use electricity rather than gas to warm up their tins of Spam, I think I'll leave them to it.
    I may not know much about art, but I know what I like.
    • lstar337
    • By lstar337 7th Mar 17, 5:00 PM
    • 3,282 Posts
    • 1,773 Thanks
    lstar337
    • 7th Mar 17, 5:00 PM
    • 7th Mar 17, 5:00 PM
    Hi All,
    I am about to remove the costly panel heaters in my home!
    I cannot get gas unfortunately. I was looking into options in terms of easy instillation and the option to program the heaters, and of course the cost of running the things.
    Has anyone had experience with these heaters?
    Originally posted by goldspark
    And replace them with costly Rointe heaters.

Seriously, do your homework. You are planning to rip out something you have already deemed as unfit, and replace it with exactly the same thing you just ripped out.

Not very MSE.
    • matelodave
    • By matelodave 7th Mar 17, 6:35 PM
    • 3,268 Posts
    • 1,987 Thanks
    matelodave
    • 7th Mar 17, 6:35 PM
    • 7th Mar 17, 6:35 PM
    1kwh from a Rointe heater costs the same as 1kwh from a panel heater, oil filled radiator, fan heater or even 1 bar electric fire.

It's entirely up to you but you will not save money unless you turn them down, nor will you be any warmer unless you turn them up.

A Rointe heater is basically a liquid filled radiator, basically it's a magic liquid rather than just oil which a £50 Argos radiator contains - it's not a storage heater so still uses peak rate leccy

Be very very wary of high pressure salesmen (or women),shiny brochures, dodgy installers, dodgy electrictians or promises of saving lots of money.
    Love makes the world go round - beer make it go round even faster
    • Catmandrew
    • By Catmandrew 8th Jan 18, 9:56 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Catmandrew
    • 8th Jan 18, 9:56 AM
    Rointe know series heaters
    • 8th Jan 18, 9:56 AM
    We unfortunately have these heaters fitted in our house they replaced a parkray solid fuel system
    We are in the 3rd year of using these rubbish heaters
    They are extremely expensive to run
    To Program the heaters you need a degree in computers
    We have 2 heaters that are rusting (evidence can be provided) the towel rail and the heater near the back door also the control panel has water damage.
    Rointe rep visited and sain the heaters are all in good condition told him about the above and no mention of that in his report.
    Trying to get my council to remove these horrable heaters and replace with economy 7.
    Having these heaters installed was the worst mistake ever
    Wish we still had the solid fuel system.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,210Posts Today

9,629Users online

Martin's Twitter