Delays with CEDR claim

I'm new to the whole claiming processes and went through resolver with my first flight delay case and thusly sent my case to CEDR when it was time (21st Nov 2016).

My case has progressed a little with them last year and as of the 3rd Jan 2017, i've be waiting for an adjudicator to be allocated to the case.

Up to now, CEDR hasn't been able to give me a rough idea of when an adjudicator will be allocated and I have chased them almost on a weekly basis for an update. They informed me that there has been a unusual level of claims made over the holidays and they are working through the backlog.

I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with claiming via CEDR and had an idea of how long it takes to get from application to completion? Their site states they aim for completing all cases within 90 days but usually complete them within 45 days. My claim has been with them for 71 days now and i've not had a response from them in over 2 weeks despite chasing them.

Thanks for any advice and info!

Comments

• Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi davidb2002,

It sounds like CEDR have underestimated how bad the airlines are. They are probably still gearing up to dealing with them.

Please keep us up to date with any progress, or lack of, but also please post on the dedicated airline thread for your airline.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Gorie
    Gorie Posts: 140 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have just submitted to CEDR today - any feedback on the above case? Any other success / stories relating to CEDR?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure