Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • daddystu
    • By daddystu 20th Jan 17, 7:15 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 4Thanks
    daddystu
    True telecom. Rip off
    • 20th Jan 17, 7:15 PM
    True telecom. Rip off 20th Jan 17 at 7:15 PM
    Was called up by true telecom. Offered to swith us from bt with full anytime calls. Line rental and like for like broadband for 29.99 for life. I said at least 3 times I had the fastest bt fibre and the guy said it would be true like for like.

I Jumped at the chance. However I then got a letter saying only about phoneline changing. So called in said they had made a mistake and I would have to pay 39.99 per month on top for fibre. I stated that under my consumer rights I wanted the deal I was offered. The girl on the phone, separate to the first chap who made the mistake said she would. I asked if all calls are recorded. She said yes.

Rang again today after they emailed saying I'd be switched to adsl only to be told they can't give me the service and I have to either buyou the 39.99 package or go back to my old supplier, going back I'd have to order my own line etc.

Where do I stand on this? The deal was done and agreed and they already changed my line over. Nobody rang to say they made a mistake. They did however have the nerve to say they are letting me leave my contract for free. Like they are doing me a favour.

Help please

Stuart
Page 1
    • carolmckendrick
    • By carolmckendrick 23rd Feb 17, 12:07 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    carolmckendrick
    • 23rd Feb 17, 12:07 PM
    • 23rd Feb 17, 12:07 PM
    I feel very luky to have found this thread I have ust had a call from True Telecom, initially it was a lady who spoke to me but within a few seconds Alex came on the line, gave his full name, telephone number, business registered number.

It took me a little time to realise that this was not BT calling, they introduced them selves starting the conversation by discussing recent price increases by BT and that BT and Openreach have to separate and because I have a small business they can offer me reduced line rental from £18.99 reduced to £9.03 and calls reduced by 40%, they could not offer any reduction for my broadband as this was fibre?

They stated that they would email me all the details and wanted my bank details, sort code and account number so they could print and send me a new DD mandate, I declined and stated I would like to have a chat with my bank, there was a bit of pressure and a lot of reassurance provided by Alex I asked him to call me back (1471 caller did not leave thier number).

I have not signed up for anything and I will not be, I am in a rural area and though revising the cost of billing through BT the service and speed of Broadband is enough to suit my needs, I have tried another company in the past and I lasted days before returning to BT.

I apply a simple rule you don't get anything for nothing, my question to Alex was "Whats the catch?" thankfully I have not taken them up on thier offer, personally I do not like cold calling it should be against the law.

Good luck to you all please tell your neighbours especially the ones that need more looking after :-)

Carol
    • Nchteresa
    • By Nchteresa 6th Jun 17, 5:49 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Nchteresa
    • 6th Jun 17, 5:49 PM
    Rip off
    • 6th Jun 17, 5:49 PM
    Hi. I had exactly the same phone call as yourself. Saying exactly the same thing. With being transferred to a different person saying that they were new. They offered exactly the same business deal as you and said I wouldn't have to pay to get out of contract. All sounded good until they asked for my bank details. I said I didn't have them with me and that I was in work. The caller said " are you afraid to give them out over the phone? ". That started alarm bells ringing. I told her I don't carry them to work with me so she pressurised me into saying she'd call me at home.
    Needless to say I didn't give my details.
    Please please be aware of this phone call
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,569Posts Today

7,596Users online

Martin's Twitter