Pulmo Bailly Cough Expectorant

I am unable to buy the cough medication Pulmo Bailly . It appears to be no longer available, that is if you know of an outlet?. if so, where can it be bought from please?

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,887 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I read that it became unavailable when the laws change regarding cough syrup ingredients and because it contains codeine that can be addictive, it stopped being manufactured.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,089 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    sarah1972 wrote: »
    I read that it became unavailable when the laws change regarding cough syrup ingredients and because it contains codeine that can be addictive, it stopped being manufactured.

Thanks for that.
  • System
    Just phoned the manufacturers and spoke to marketing. Pumo Bailly has NOT been withdrawn, they are having a manufacturing issue at the moment and as soon as it has been resolved, it will be back on the shelves. They have my email address and will let me know and I will let you know.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,887 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    islandman wrote: »
    Just phoned the manufacturers and spoke to marketing. Pumo Bailly has NOT been withdrawn, they are having a manufacturing issue at the moment and as soon as it has been resolved, it will be back on the shelves. They have my email address and will let me know and I will let you know.

Thanks ! :beer:
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Lisbon
    Lisbon Posts: 415 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    In stock at Lloyds but you need a prescription: http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/en/pulmo-bailly-oral-solution
  • System
    Lisbon wrote: »
    In stock at Lloyds but you need a prescription: http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/en/pulmo-bailly-oral-solution

Now that is interesting. One because of the prescription and secondly it has to be old stock with short life, due to the fact of it being out of production some time.
  • Fretz
    Fretz Posts: 1 Newbie
    I also am at a loose end as I can't get Pulmo Bailly AND it works! You say you contacted the manufactures, I would be grateful if you would let me have either an email address or phone no so I can follow this up for when it is back on the shelves. Thanks Fretz
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Fretz wrote: »
    I also am at a loose end as I can't get Pulmo Bailly AND it works! You say you contacted the manufactures, I would be grateful if you would let me have either an email address or phone no so I can follow this up for when it is back on the shelves. Thanks Fretz

made by DDD group - website gives email, phone numbers and physical address
    http://www.dddgroup.co.uk/
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Not sure if it's of any help- and I really hope you manage to get the cough medicine that you're after, but when I had a cough last year, I tried everything both OTC and on the shelf which didn't help, but then I tried this stuff http://www.boots.com/health-pharmacy/medicines-treatments/cold-flu-medication/boots-pharmaceuticals-cough-control-150ml-10221966 and it actually really worked. It says for dry coughs but I did not have a dry cough (a sore cough but not dry). I swapped for Covonia Night Time (good for drowsiness but not to use for more than a few days due to the codine).

It's worth remembering though that when it comes to cough medicines, none will cure your cough- if it's an infection you need to wait for your body to deal with it (or antibiotics if it's not getting any better after a month ot 6 weeks I was told). Cough medicines either work by supressing the cough or helping you clear your chest, the rest is all pain relief or anti-inflammitories.

You probably know all this so apologies if I'm preaching to the converted, but please be careful with the codeine part of any medicine, coming off that stuff can be a real headache and can mean a few nights if not more of insomnia which in itself is a pretty big deal. I've had to come off codiene a few times and it's never something I'd describe as easy.
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    What a relief to find this thread!!! I've been going mad trying to find some this morning, now found this out which solves the mystery as to why nobody has any in stock!!! :mad:

Desperately need it as the steroids haven't shifted the mucous off the chest, need to do that before I fly this week!! :(
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure