IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UK CPM PCN November

fanalk
fanalk Posts: 6 Forumite
edited 2 January 2017 at 1:10PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi All,

I got a parking charge notice towards the end of November from UK Car Parking Management. I had a quick read on some forums giving the advice to ignore it which I later realised was old advice (yeah I know, I'm an idiot).

I've had a read on the Newbie thread but I'm unsure on how to proceed now as my time to appeal (within 28 days) has run out.

The fine was received in a residential area, parked on the curb with no road markings but not blocking any access and I'm not the registered keeper (someone within my family is).

From what I understand UK Car Parking Management (UKCPM) are registered members of BPA & IPC (both the logos are on the back of the notice).

I have gone online to see the pictures taken of the car. The plate is clearly visible on the front and back pictures but the picture taken with the PCN on the windscreen could have been on any car of same colour as there's not much to identify the car and the picture seems to be very low quality.

Any help/advice on what I should do next is much appreciated.

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,222 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 2 January 2017 at 1:32PM
    It is not a fine.

UKCPM are IPC members, so the advice is to send an appeal as keeper (keeper on the day in question) using the IPC template from the NEWBIES thread.

This assumes you live in, and the event occurred in, England or Wales.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,367 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Same as this thread:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=71755639#post71755639

No appeal so sit tight, read about defences and claims (no biggie, no CCJ as long as court papers and directions are not missed or ignored) and most cases never go to a small claim anyway. If you move house within 6 years, write and tell them, keep proof, to stop a late sneaky 'old address' claim.

DO NOT PAY. DO NOT BAIL OUT 'FOR AN EASY LIFE'.

PEOPLE WHO PAY SUPPORT AND SPONSOR THE BUSINESS MODEL AND ARE FUNDING THE NEXT UNFAIR PCNS, AND SO IT GOES ON.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • fanalk
    Thanks for the advice to date guys.

Unfortunately a letter came for my family member who is the registered keeper requesting payment so it seems they have managed to get details from DVLA.

Any advice on what to do next? It says on the back of the letter I can appeal.

I can upload the letter if necessary.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 9 January 2017 at 11:49PM
    No need, it's a Notice to Keeper and the keeper can now appeal, it is a second window for appeal.

The template IPC appeal in the NEWBIES thread should be sent (better than ignoring an appeal window) but you also need to read post #3 of the thread about why the next step after that will be NOTHING, NO IAS.

As this is a residential car park you might want to add some information from the tenancy agreement or lease of the flat owner (if the driver was parked in connection with a resident). Read this:

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/residential-parking.html

Relevant case law is there for any legitimately-parked person in a resident's car park, in readiness in case you need to defend a daft claim...hopefully UKCPM and their ilk will start to get kicked out of such sites soon.
  • Ok, will do. On the template letter is the time limit to request a response from the company something that can be changed?
  • fanalk
    And yes I was parked in connection with a resident. They have a house with one allocated parking space if that helps.
  • Coupon-mad
    fanalk wrote: »
    Ok, will do. On the template letter is the time limit to request a response from the company something that can be changed?

Yes change what you like as long as the driver is not given away. You do realise from reading post #3 and #4 of the NEWBIES thread that this appeal will NOT cancel it and then you will be in the next stages:

- ignore the offer of IAS

- ignore debt collector letters

- come back if you get a LBCCC or a small claim (probably from Gladstones).
  • safarmuk
    safarmuk Posts: 648 Forumite
    Hi @fanalk - I am currently dealing with this parking company in a residential car park, I know its a long shot but I am wondering if yours is the same estate as if it is I can probably help you given my progress to date.

So I will PM you some general information to narrow it down initially - if we finally conclude it is the same place then I may be able to help you with your ticket. Either way (whether it is or not) later on I can give you some advice on this parking company that you should take to your MA and Freeholder to make sure you get a far better situation at your estate.

Make sure you don't post the information on location here though because as the experts say don't give any information away on here about your individual situation that may allow you to be identified.
    Experts - if I have said anything wrong, please correct me.
  • fanalk
    Hi Coupon-Mad,

Yes, I've had a read of the newbies thread and got the expected (automated) response from UK CPM which offered another chance to appeal and quoted a bunch of laws/acts.

So I guess I'm at the next stage of expecting debt collector letters. How long can I expect to receive these for? And will definitely (eventually) get a LBCCC or small claim?
  • fanalk wrote: »
    Hi Coupon-Mad,

Yes, I've had a read of the newbies thread and got the expected (automated) response from UK CPM which offered another chance to appeal and quoted a bunch of laws/acts.

So I guess I'm at the next stage of expecting debt collector letters. How long can I expect to receive these for? And will definitely (eventually) get a LBCCC or small claim?

and quoted a bunch of laws/acts.

pity they do not abide to them
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family