Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Elphaba2007
    Loft insulation and electrics - danger?
    • 20th Sep 07, 6:51 PM
    Loft insulation and electrics - danger? 20th Sep 07 at 6:51 PM
    I went in the loft of my newly bought house yesterday. There is the standard yellow insulation I was expecting. However, over the entire space where the bathroom lies below the insulation had been removed and it now lies in a big heap the other side of the loft.

The bathroom had new lights installed just before I moved in. They are the kind where you get 6 little lights sunk so they are flush with the ceiling. They seem to have been installed through the loft, so now there are wires and things sticking out into the loft space.

So, my question is; can I just put the insulation back so it's lying on top of these wires and things or would that be a really dangerous fire hazard? Did the person who installed the lights leave the insulation off because it's a hazard, or he just couldn't be bothered to put it back? If it's dangerous to put it back, how can I insulate that part of the loft safely?

Thank you!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

61Posts Today

3,716Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Warning! Twitter's app update's outrageously reset autoplay video settings, so you eat data at speed. Full help http://t.co/42tOE1EagR RT

• RT @Harry_Bhoy: @MartinSLewis Saved my gran £323 by changing her electricity provider,and haggled her free broadband from Virgin worth £264?

• RT @OfficialChops: @MartinSLewis Hello, Rio HD is free on sky store 'buy and keep'. Today Only. You DO NOT have to have a sky movies subsc?

• Follow Martin