IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

HELP!! parking eye...equita...court NOV 2016

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
First Post First Anniversary
edited 26 November 2016 at 10:15PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
PLEASE HELP.
I have read all the info i can on here and am confused what to do.
*In July 2015 i went to Borehamwood shopping park. on arrival i saw there was a 3 hour parking stay time limit. I had my disabled father with me and it took us 15 minutes to find a place suitable for a blue badge. we did our shopping etc and then left.
* A week or so later i received a parking charge notice from Parking Eye stating i had overstayed the time limit and hadto pay £85.I didnt realise they clocked the car reg when driving in and thought the 3 hr limit was from when i parked my car and that was the time i set the blue badge time.
*I wrote a letter of appeal stating this fact. I then received a letter back telling me to sent them proof that i was in the car park legitimately and proof of purchases from the shops.
I sent a copy of my bank statement but foolishly i didnt sent it recorded delivery so cant prove i sent it:(
*On 15th sept i received a letter stating that parking eye have failed to receive the further evidence and as it is now passed the 28day limit to appeal my case would now be classed as unsuccessful.
*Foolishly i googled it all and followed advice to ignore it all from here on in as they wouldnt pursue it all etc etc.
*Then on 2nd march(nearly 6 mths later!) i received a letter from DRP-debt recovery plus ltd. A notice of intended court action. It states that " we refer to our letter dated 16/02/16 and note that we have not received payment". I never received that letter. charge was now £135.
*Another letter on 17th march..letter before referral for legal action..again stating fine is £135.
*On 24th oct i received a letter from EQUITA. stating the fees are now £145. It mentioned the parking eye V Beavis 2015.
*Next letter 7th nov. same as above
*last letter 21st nov. FINAL NOTICE. £145.It says" if you wish to avoid action escalating you need to contact our office within the next 7 days, we trust you understand the seriousness of the situation."
APOLOGIES FOR LONG MESSAGE just wanted to give as much info as possible
I dont know what to do. do i pay £145? do i contact parking eye?
Someone suggested on here to contact the owners of the shopping park. Ive managed through google to find them- TH REAL ESTATE -shall i try and make contct with them??
PLEASE HELP ME

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 26 November 2016 at 10:11PM
    Options
    Don't contact PE as your first reaction!

Lots of advice on how to go about dealing with a court claim in the newbies faq thread together with links to other sources of help and advice if it comes to that.
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    *last letter 21st nov. FINAL NOTICE. £145.It says" if you wish to avoid action escalating you need to contact our office within the next 7 days, we trust you understand the seriousness of the situation."
    APOLOGIES FOR LONG MESSAGE just wanted to give as much info as possible
    I dont know what to do. do i pay £145? do i contact parking eye?
    ive tried as someone suggested on here to contact the shopping park direct but i am unable to find out the people that are responsible for it so cant make contact.
    PLEASE HELP ME

just a debt collectors letter NOT court papers

PR are using DR+ and equita for a reason , if they had a cast iron case it would have made court back in 2015

debt collectors have no teeth , chill and await a proper letter before court from PE

based on the info you have stated , they will struggle winning in court

recorded , forget it , fist class from a PO counter inc proof of posting and deemed to be delivered within 2 working days
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • hoohoo
    hoohoo Posts: 1,717 Forumite
    edited 26 November 2016 at 10:56PM
    Options
    From previous cases it appears ParkingEye only use equita when they don't intend on going to court. Of course, they could always change this...

I would email to equita.

Dear equita,

The debt is denied. The parking time was not exceeded as the parking time starts once the car is parked, the signage read and the contract accepted. Additionally the passengers spent an amount on site which parkingeye accept as enough to cancel any parking charge (copy attached)
    Dedicated to driving up standards in parking
  • so do i ignore and await court letter? or email equita? or contact the shopping park management?
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The game is changing with a government approved company called Equita MAKING THREATS

We all know Equita are nasty but they tend to major on things like TV licencing etc.

We know they own ParkingEye who scam, but come on a government approved company chasing for scam money ... unreal.

If ParkingEye are using DRP, then the best of luck, stooping a bit low using timewasters.

JUST WAIT
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    so do i ignore and await court letter? or email equita? or contact the shopping park management?
    You have been given the wording of an email to equita (#4)!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    thankyou for the email response QUENTIN.
    I guess I'm just unsure the right way forward as conflicting advice.
    * email equita
    * ignore until court letter arrives
    Thankyou all for your responses
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    Options
    thankyou for the email response QUENTIN.
    I guess I'm just unsure the right way forward as conflicting advice.
    * email equita
    * ignore until court letter arrives
    Thankyou all for your responses
    hoohoo's advice is absolutely on the money. Do as he suggests as it is possible that this will see the matter off.

@beamerguy - Equita are the in-house debt collection agency. Savings to be had make them a sensible choice and as has been suggested it may be that PE use different DCA's for different tasks.

@pappagolf - They may indeed be just another debt-collector but the "special conditions" set out by hoohoo might just provide a way out of the situation. Why look a gift-horse..?
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 27 November 2016 at 11:38AM
    Options
    Have you acquainted yourself with the "reasonable adjustments" companies are required to consider when dealing with people with "protected characteristics" under the Equality Act OP.

An element of disability discrimination appears to be present here, a card you appear not to have played as yet. and I think that, should this go to court, PE would struggle. I cannot see how, in any way, Beavis would help them.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    email has been sent-ill update you all!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills