Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lucib
    • By Lucib 11th Oct 16, 2:19 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Lucib
    Asda home shopping - who to complain to?
    • 11th Oct 16, 2:19 PM
    Asda home shopping - who to complain to? 11th Oct 16 at 2:19 PM
    I'm trying to find a contact for someone in the uk to complain to about the awful service I'm receiving from the Asda service centre (abroad), does anyone know of the contact perhaps in the head office that I can speak to? They say they don't deal with online shopping but someone must be above the call centre abroad?!

Or should I just contact the CEO?!
Page 1
    • Stevie Palimo
    • By Stevie Palimo 11th Oct 16, 2:22 PM
    • 2,856 Posts
    • 4,081 Thanks
    Stevie Palimo
    • 11th Oct 16, 2:22 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 2:22 PM
    Abroad as in you live abroad or you are having shopping delivered from abroad ?

Also what is the complaint for here as you say awful service but what does that mean in your view ?
    " I refuse to censor myself because it may offend someone. If you don't like me that's ok, I don't need your approval. "
    • Lucib
    • By Lucib 11th Oct 16, 2:27 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lucib
    • 11th Oct 16, 2:27 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 2:27 PM
    Sorry I meant the contact centre is abroad (ie they speak terrible English!).

Terrible service - not receiving refunds for weeks, items missing, my delivery pass has been cancelled by them, I can't get it reinstated (I'm only 5 months into my 12 months), delivery charges not refunded when they promised they would refund them...I could go on!
    • Stevie Palimo
    • By Stevie Palimo 11th Oct 16, 2:32 PM
    • 2,856 Posts
    • 4,081 Thanks
    Stevie Palimo
    • 11th Oct 16, 2:32 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 2:32 PM
    I would then say write in first and foremost and list the issues in a brief but descriptive letter/email and send it to the below address :-

Our email addresses are:

For Store issues: asda_stores@mailgb.custhelp.com
    For Grocery Home Shopping issues: asda_grocery_home_shopping@mailgb.custhelp.com
    For George.com issues:!asda1@mailgb.custhelp.com!!

You may also find relevant information in relation to complaints about products and services bought online using the Online Dispute Resolution platform, which you can access here: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/

You will then find the postal address here to
    " I refuse to censor myself because it may offend someone. If you don't like me that's ok, I don't need your approval. "
    • Robin9
    • By Robin9 11th Oct 16, 2:38 PM
    • 1,081 Posts
    • 652 Thanks
    Robin9
    • 11th Oct 16, 2:38 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 2:38 PM
    Are you talking about International Delivery Information

We now offer a range of George items for international delivery. Please check back as we'll be adding more countries that we can arrange delivery to. For more information, please see our Terms and Conditions for international orders.

Contact Us
    The customer service team can answer questions about the website, your orders and the delivery services provided to you by ASDA Delivery Limited. Please note though, that the team is English-speaking and can currently only respond in English. You can email us any time and we'll respond. Alternatively, you can contact us using any of the details below.

Customer Services, ASDA Stores Limited, ASDA House, Southbank, Great Wilson Street, Leeds, LS11 5AD;

Email: asda1@mailgb.custhelp.com;

Telephone: (+44) (0)800 952 3003 (lines are open between 7am and 11pm (GMT/BST), 7 days a week).
    • Lucib
    • By Lucib 11th Oct 16, 2:49 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lucib
    • 11th Oct 16, 2:49 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 2:49 PM
    I've already complained to those email addresses/telephone numbers, none can help (they're all abroad and hardly speak English) so half cannot understand the problem anyway. Does anyone know a contact of someone higher up?
    • Stevie Palimo
    • By Stevie Palimo 11th Oct 16, 2:57 PM
    • 2,856 Posts
    • 4,081 Thanks
    Stevie Palimo
    • 11th Oct 16, 2:57 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 2:57 PM
    ASDA UK

Mr Sean Clarke
    Chief Executive
    !
    !
    Email
    sean.clarke@asda.co.uk
    !
    !
    Telephone
    0113 243 5435
    • JulieElizabeth
    • By JulieElizabeth 11th Oct 16, 4:22 PM
    • 1,879 Posts
    • 27,741 Thanks
    JulieElizabeth
    • 11th Oct 16, 4:22 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 4:22 PM
    go straight to the top

directorate@asda.co.uk
    NO MORE HANDWASH GLITCHES PLEASE
    • Stevie Palimo
    • By Stevie Palimo 11th Oct 16, 4:33 PM
    • 2,856 Posts
    • 4,081 Thanks
    Stevie Palimo
    • 11th Oct 16, 4:33 PM
    • 11th Oct 16, 4:33 PM
    ]go straight to the top[/B]

directorate@asda.co.uk
    by JulieElizabeth;71437339[B
    That is who Shaun Clarke is the man at the top of the UK side of Asda.
    • Lucib
    • By Lucib 11th Oct 16, 5:03 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lucib
    JulieElizabeth - that email address doesn't work and Sean Clarke never responds to emails...I've sent 3 now! It's an absolute joke.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 11th Oct 16, 7:31 PM
    • 9,686 Posts
    • 6,504 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Twitter, facebook, any social media that suits you. Don't rant.
    "I suggest you read who's thread this is and you will find its MINE". sic
    • Lucib
    • By Lucib 11th Oct 16, 8:18 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lucib
    I've tweeted them loads of times, they just keep telling me to call the contact centre (who are useless!) they don't actually do anything to help.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 11th Oct 16, 8:36 PM
    • 9,686 Posts
    • 6,504 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    I've tweeted them loads of times, they just keep telling me to call the contact centre (who are useless!) they don't actually do anything to help.
    Originally posted by Lucib
    Really? I had a look at their Twitter account and they are very customer focused.
    "I suggest you read who's thread this is and you will find its MINE". sic
    • meer53
    • By meer53 11th Oct 16, 8:47 PM
    • 8,361 Posts
    • 11,920 Thanks
    meer53
    Isn't their call centre in South Africa ? ie. they speak English ?
    • Lucib
    • By Lucib 11th Oct 16, 9:00 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lucib
    No there call centre is now in the Philippines, and they are awful. When they were in South Africa, I agree, they were good and actually understood the problem.

Re tweets, no help at all. They keep asking me to DM them with my details which I do, when I tell them the problem they tell me to contact the contact centre!! Useless
    • micky2phones
    • By micky2phones 11th Oct 16, 9:15 PM
    • 264 Posts
    • 217 Thanks
    micky2phones
    No there call centre is now in the Philippines, and they are awful. When they were in South Africa, I agree, they were good and actually understood the problem.

Re tweets, no help at all. They keep asking me to DM them with my details which I do, when I tell them the problem they tell me to contact the contact centre!! Useless
    Originally posted by Lucib
    Hi, mine has a store phone number on the delivery note, to phone.

Or the 0800 number, the store even sent out a manager once to me to sort out my problem.
    • Lucib
    • By Lucib 11th Oct 16, 9:24 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Lucib
    I spoke to the store today, they referred me back to the contact centre(!) as the store can't deal with delivery pass problems (mine was cancelled). The 0800 number is the contact centre....
    I guess it depends which area you live in as to whether the store can help you or not. I keep going round in circles! Anyway have emailed Sean Clark again, hopefully someone will respond as I've threatened to go to the retail ombudsman, but I'm not holding out much hope given that they've ignored my previous 3 emails to them.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 11th Oct 16, 9:43 PM
    • 27,726 Posts
    • 17,512 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Call the number in post #7 tomorrow.

If you can, stop using Asda and go elsewhere.

Just a warning, if Asda is on the Ombudsmans system and they have refused to co operate with them in the past then they will be unable to help you.
    Last edited by DCFC79; 11-10-2016 at 9:52 PM.
    Je Suis Charlie
    • Andypandyboy
    • By Andypandyboy 11th Oct 16, 9:47 PM
    • 2,292 Posts
    • 5,840 Thanks
    Andypandyboy
    Try the HQ in Leeds.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 11th Oct 16, 9:53 PM
    • 27,726 Posts
    • 17,512 Thanks
    DCFC79
    Try the HQ in Leeds.
    Originally posted by Andypandyboy
    Thats a good point.

If you can get to Leeds go to the HQ and stay there until someone deals with the issues.
    Je Suis Charlie
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,138Posts Today

6,044Users online

Martin's Twitter