Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • droopsnout
    • By droopsnout 7th Oct 16, 5:17 PM
    • 3,589Posts
    • 14,921Thanks
    droopsnout
    Is MSE geolocked now?
    • 7th Oct 16, 5:17 PM
    Is MSE geolocked now? 7th Oct 16 at 5:17 PM
    Trying to access from France, but won't load any MSE page.

So how did I get here? Used a VPN.
    Much of the social history of the Western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good. - Thomas Sowell, "Is Reality Optional?", 1993
Page 2
    • dontone
    • By dontone 14th Oct 16, 5:31 PM
    • 3,271 Posts
    • 9,145 Thanks
    dontone
    Been getting the TCP error for about 2 hours now and only with MSE.

According to the error message, I'm somewhere in Turkey and the IP address it gives for me starts with 78.

Strange as I'm right now right in the middle of England and not on a VPN or proxy.

Also, I type up a post hit the submit button, the post gets posted and I'm logged out at the same time.

Could this be something to do with Win 10 anniversary update?

I've not noticed any of this when on a tablet.
    Originally posted by D_M_E
    Hiya.

I've been getting a 'Error 20' message like the ones described all day when it comes to the MSE site. Since that stupid update, it really hates this site & BBC News for some reason.
    I've been using Chrome to access this site, and it's playing up on that as well.
    It's very frustrating, especially when you are posting a reply and it logs you out.
    In a way, I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin'
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,070Posts Today

5,319Users online

Martin's Twitter