Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SONICBLUE
    • By SONICBLUE 22nd Sep 16, 6:12 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    SONICBLUE
    Premier Parking Solutions Ticket
    • 22nd Sep 16, 6:12 PM
    Premier Parking Solutions Ticket 22nd Sep 16 at 6:12 PM
    Hi

In July, I was at the Riverside Pub in Lechlade, Cotswolds and noticed they were charging for parking your car, I read the notice and put on a 2 hour ticket on the dashboard of my vehicle with the ticket facing outward on the passenger side dashboard right by the windscreen, so if you glance over my screen it was easy readable, could not put on screen as it was not adhesive , Had some evening Lunch and a drink, went back outside the pub 5 minutes before my time was up and noticed a parking ticket on my 7 seater van on the drivers side window, Pulled the ticket off and it stated it was placed on my screen for "No Ticket placed on my vehicle" parking fine
    £100, by this time I was fuming, I marched into the pub demanding to see the manager, stated I had received a parking ticket for non payment of a parking ticket and explained I had purchased a ticket and placed on my dashboard on my vehicle 15 mins before the Parking ticket was issued with the time on my ticket clearly visible" I also had the ticket from my vehicle with me at that point clearly showing the time of arrival and for a 2 hour stay. The manager apologised and said, she would get the parking ticket cancelled, I thanked her and thought that was that..

Oh no, my vehicle is a leased vehicle and the lease vehicle received a "Parking charge detail letter" around 10th September and obvious as im the user, the charge was sent back to Premier Parking Solutions and another "Notice to Keeper" turned up on my door mat this morning, this time not stating "NO PARKING TICKET PURCHASED"
    but
    REASON: Exceeds marked parking bay area, and the same time as the original ticket was issued stating " NO PARKING TICKET ON VEHICLE."

Need advise please guys before I reply to this Rip off company.
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd Sep 16, 7:12 PM
    • 38,265 Posts
    • 49,743 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:12 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:12 PM
    The main difference here in your case is that it's a lease car and this isn't a BPA member so appeals are likely to lose even though you have grounds (and we would not tell you to pay it regardless of whether you had grounds...all these fake PCNs are unfair)..

Is that you are the lessee/hirer and in the POFA 2012 Schedule 4, liability can only be passed to the lessee/hirer of a lease car, if the PPC send you certain documents WITH your 'Notice'. We bet they didn't.

The expert on this sort of PCN is Edna Basher. Here he explains the problem the PPC faces and what they should have sent you:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=70977540#post70977540

See here for a POPLA success he's posted, along with a template appeal about the fact that the PPC has not sent the correct documentation with the Notice to Keeper (which should read 'Notice to Hirer'):

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=71288732#post71288732

Your only issue is that PPS are not in the BPA so you get no 'POPLA'. You will get offered the IAS which normally ensures that consumers lose (quelle surprise, seeing as it's been set up by people with an alleged vested interest in PPCs).

However, you DO actually have two solid grounds to appeal further as long as you call yourself the 'lessee/hirer' all the time and DO NOT say who was driving. Your other ground is where you've said that the NTK does not repeat the information in the PCN as far as the alleged contravention is concerned.

HTH
    PCN in a private car park in England/Wales? DON'T PAY IT BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

USE THE 'FORUM JUMP' ON RIGHT, GO TO THE PARKING TICKETS FORUM. READ THE 'NEWBIES' THREAD.
    Do NOT read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,839Posts Today

7,661Users online

Martin's Twitter