Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mandz1
    • By mandz1 28th Aug 16, 8:41 AM
    • 2,295Posts
    • 9,865Thanks
    mandz1
    Mandz road to financial freedom,happiness and weightloss
    • 28th Aug 16, 8:41 AM
    Mandz road to financial freedom,happiness and weightloss 28th Aug 16 at 8:41 AM
    So here I am again. Starting a new diary to keep me on track and take responsibility for my life.

So a bit about me.
    29, single mum of 3, a bit of debt and a lot overweight.
    This diary is mainly going to be about helping me to budget, meal plan and debt busting.

I have already tried to sort out my budget for September, but I still don't know when I will be getting paid as I finished my maternity leave at work and decided not to go back as it was going to cost too much in childcare. I am looking for another job that will be better for me working hours wise, so I don't have to spend so much on childcare, but finances are all over the place at the minute.

Meal plan for dinners is done, using up what we already have in and just buying a few little bits later to make up the meals. When my two eldest go back to school, I will also save on lunches. Loads of breakfast cereal already in the house so will use it up before we buy anymore.

Weight wise, I need to lose around six stone to be truly happy. Exercise will have to be incorporated into daily life, think this will be easier when ds1 and ds2 go back to school so I can just put dd in buggy and go for long walks. Already have a Fitbit blaze to count my steps.

So plan is to cut down or stop unwanted spending. My kids have already been told to stop asking for toys and to save up and do chores if they want anything. My kids are spoilt, my fault but they know money is tight.
    I'm quitting the dreaded cigarettes. Lots of saving to be made there.
    Food needs to be cut down to essentials only, no more buying treats(will help my waistline). Meal plan should help me stop buying things I don't need.

Dd birthday end of October, so need to look into deals and bargains for her, not sure what to get her though.

Ok that's all for now as dd is trying to take iPad of me and wants my attention. Ttfn
    PAD Maker
    SPC 570
    single, mum to 3, trying to get by while living life.
Page 2
    • mandz1
    • By mandz1 9th Oct 16, 9:45 PM
    • 2,295 Posts
    • 9,865 Thanks
    mandz1
    Hey poppy thanks for popping in and reading my waffle.

Christmas is nearly done, just waiting on 2 people that don't know what they want, which annoys me as I have been asking since beginning of September and I just want it all done ASAP. Ordered a few bits for my boys, so they will be delivered at some point.

Dd birthday is all sorted apart from cake, thinking of getting one of those cookie cakes from mr m as I know that will get eaten and a full size birthday cake might not.

I have had really bad stomachache all weekend, don't know what it is. May have to ring doctors in the morning and get an appointment. Very cautious about anything gastro now as my son was in hospital last year for 5weeks and now I am extremely careful with anything more than a cold.

Going to nip to lidl tomorrow and get some salads and stuff, need to eat healthier, maybe this is why my stomach hurts, all this crap I've been eating is ripping my insides to pieces. Seriously considering joining slimming world just so I can't make up daft excuses for myself.
    • mandz1
    • By mandz1 22nd Oct 16, 8:52 PM
    • 2,295 Posts
    • 9,865 Thanks
    mandz1
    wow, not updated for a while, been super busy with a few things.

Today was my daughters first birthday, shes had lots of new toys and we went up to a local fair this afternoon. She didn't go on anything mainly because the vendors wanted to charge me for riding with her and it would have cost me even more than it already did. DS1 and DS2 both had a lot of money spent on them though and now im going to have to be super careful this half term with money.

I have being back on the healthy eating/ weightloss since Wednesday and all seems to be going well. I haven't even had any of my daughters giant cookie birthday cake. will have to see if I can get a good result on the scale of Wednesday.

bills out next week, must take cash out of bank so I don't keep using my card then I can keep track of my spending and not spend the bill money.
    • mandz1
    • By mandz1 27th Oct 16, 8:10 PM
    • 2,295 Posts
    • 9,865 Thanks
    mandz1
    Weigh in was yesterday, did well and lost 5lbs. Very happy. Not setting any little targets as I think that is what previously has put me off track, because if I don't hit them then I give up. Just taking it a week at a time.

Waiting for some money to hit my bank, should get paid tomorrow. Been very tight since we went and spent a fair bit at the fair on Saturday. Will be more money focused and efficient when ds1 and 2 go back to school as I won't be spending bits and bobs, here there and everywhere.

New income/outcome done for November. Very lucky as most of my Xmas shopping is done so won't need to get much else, except something else for my mum.
    One birthday in November, rest is just everyday expenses and chiselling down the debt.
    One payment due out tomorrow
    • loopybecs
    • By loopybecs 27th Oct 16, 9:19 PM
    • 439 Posts
    • 1,698 Thanks
    loopybecs
    Hi Mandz, I've just subscribed You seem to be doing really well with the debt busting and weightloss!! xxx
    Mortgage: £90,000.00 £81,767.97
    B@rcl@yc@rd: £5,430.49 £5,430.49
    Loan From Parents: £12,500.00 £12,500.00
    Mama to 2 little girlies
    • mandz1
    • By mandz1 30th Oct 16, 9:42 PM
    • 2,295 Posts
    • 9,865 Thanks
    mandz1
    Welcome loopybecs

OK so still PADing and I am going to be next months counter upper.
    Bank is looking bleak after a bit of a spendy day, lunch at wetherspoons and ds1 n3ded some new shoes, but the were half price so money saved. Dd needed milk and then I needed milk, bananas and also picked up some sachets of hot chocolate.

Kids seem on board with healthy eating although I'm sure it won't last long.
    Back to school for ds1 and ds2 tomorrow.

£10 left in bank and I'm out with the mother tomorrow so won't last long, going to nip to aldi and stock up on some fruit and veg and see what meat they have on offer. Need kids bread also.

Off out tomorrow night trick or treating with the kids, so may not need to stock up on treat for a while.

Budget for next month is done hoping to throw extra money at cc and catalogue.

Right few little bits to do then off to bed.
    • mandz1
    • By mandz1 3rd Nov 16, 11:37 AM
    • 2,295 Posts
    • 9,865 Thanks
    mandz1
    Morning,

Weigh in yesterday, lost 4lbs. Going well and hoping to continue. Have set up a jar to put in money every time I lose £1 per lb I lose. Then I can spend the money on new clothes or a treat when I have lost more.

Payment sent today to very. Have held some money back as the kids want some new trainers so will be getting them some at the weekend, hoping they both don't go over the top.

Making a cottage pie tonight with lean beef mince. Can freeze any that doesn't get eaten.

November plans
    no buying any lottery tickets or scratch cards
    Keep food buying to a minimum, no buying extra.
    Sort out house to get rid of unneeded items
    Try and get back into more surveys
    Keep losing weight
    Enjoy the run up to christmas
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

539Posts Today

3,537Users online

Martin's Twitter