Plantec Assist - Something seems fishy

I had a rear end shunt at a roundabout last week, Only minor damage to my motorcycle, Have it all recorded on helmet camera and the driver who hit me admitted it was his fault. Contacted my insurance company and the have passed it to a claim managment company called Plantec Assist who sem very keen on getting my bike written off even after I have told them that the olny damage is to the rear numberplate hanger, they also have arranged a hire bike and have told me that the 3rd party have admitted it was his fault.....sounds good so far, but then I was contacted by my claim handler and he has told me now that his insurance have no comment on the case and that the other driver has only admitted it was his fault to plantec.

I am a little confused as what to do next......Anyone have experience or dealings with Plantec who can offer me some advice?
:(

Comments

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,549 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Contact the other insurer and see if dealing with them directly will be easier?

Even though he admitted being at fault his insurer may think otherwise. But if they think he was at fault they may settle with you directly.

If they want to scrap the bike then tell them where to go.

Has he contacted his insurance yet?

Never heard of them and from your comments, if my insurer mentioned
    that name i would tell them to shove it.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,609 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Rear end shunt is pretty much always the fault of the person behind and if you have it on camera it sounds pretty open and shut to me.
    However if a company is trying to make money out of very minor damage then I'd be worried. You need to co-operate with them trying to recover their outrages charges from the other party and that could mean taking time off work to go to court.
    If your bike is rideable I'd definitely tell me to show it as they are driving up the costs and it could become hassle for you.
    There shouldn't be any costs to you, but if you had to (for example) go to court them it might cause you hassle.
  • Beware of PLANTEC it is fishy' they hold our scooter for a minor damage 6 months; we were desperate as they literally disappeared for the first 4 months. I cannot believe it in the UK a company like this has the permission to operate. The insurance does not want to pay the motor hire they gave us and they kind of forces us to sign a letter where if we did not sign to recover their hire costs we had to pay for the motor hire. Now I am going to write a complain to the Financial Authority as Insurances are regulated by them. We should all raise our voice and/or to write to the BBC to avoid other people to have same problems we are experiencing. Plantec should be shut down for the problems is causing to other people. All very fishy.
  • Thibaud
    Thibaud Posts: 1 Newbie
    Hi,
    Same experience for me currently. I cannot understand that my inusurance work with this Company. They are non professional and dishonest. I have never seen that.
  • Camomile17 wrote: »
    Beware of PLANTEC it is fishy' they hold our scooter for a minor damage 6 months; we were desperate as they literally disappeared for the first 4 months. I cannot believe it in the UK a company like this has the permission to operate. The insurance does not want to pay the motor hire they gave us and they kind of forces us to sign a letter where if we did not sign to recover their hire costs we had to pay for the motor hire. Now I am going to write a complain to the Financial Authority as Insurances are regulated by them. We should all raise our voice and/or to write to the BBC to avoid other people to have same problems we are experiencing. Plantec should be shut down for the problems is causing to other people. All very fishy.

Hi @Camomile17
    I am in the same situation as you describe! What have you decided to do? How are you dealing with this problem?
  • I too cannot understand how this outfit operates.They dealt with my claim on behalf of my insurers Zenith Marque. After a fairly minor shunt on my BMWR1200GS they were appointed to deal with the claim. Their initial estimate of damage included non existant damage and also general wear and tear. Initial projected repair was £7500 !!! I demanded an independent engineer inspection and bike was eventually repaired for £4000 and not written off as Cat D. Maybe incompetence by the estimator but the insurance company were happy to accept it despite me having sent in photos of the actual collision damage. Although the bike was eventually repaired satisfactorily after 4 months it seems to me that they have limited repair capability and are happy to write bikes off. Many owners will simply accept and not challenge this and the insurance companies pay out more than they need to. Had I not challenged I would have got £5000 payout but I actually wanted my bike back repaired and not a Cat D. Poor service by Zenith Marque too. It all goes on our premiums in the end.
  • Hi Lidia 1234

I do apologise for delay in answering , it is long time but I hope you read my answer , no end to our story and therefore I decided to create a group to make these companies MCE and Plantec for their wrongdoing and distressed caused to everyone.

If you would like to join the group please let me know.
    Thank you.

Kind regards,

Camomile 17
  • Same with me Plantec have had my Motorcycle since Jan (May 18th now) its been back to me twice each time not repaired and each time with more damage, I get no response from them fobbed off and even accused that the damage is somehow my fault.

They are a shower of shi*s

Karl
  • I have just been informed that Plantec Assist will be repairing my bike. What is the process for challenging the quality of their repairs if I am unhappy?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Complain to the repairer/insurer/plantec

Whoever is responsible for your unhappiness
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business