PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thursday 24 December 2015

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good Morning everyone, the sky looks full or rain here today and we have a howling wind but it's not wet yet, He Who Knows and DD1 have gone to walk Cookie, the gammon is simmering on the hob and I've got all the ingredients for the red cabbage casserole ready to go. It feels remarkably like Christmas! This is the very first year that I've managed to get everything that needs doing done well in advance and am able to relax and enjoy Christmas Eve without running round like a headless chicken! We will be going out when DD comes back to 'Bring in the Green' and then decorate the house which is something we all enjoy so much, we'll be having the gammon for supper tonight once it's got its glaze on and been cooked in the oven, lunch will be odds from the fridge that need using up and then we'll start the festivities by watching Carols from Kings with the candles and fire lit this evening, blissful.

I hope that you all have a really lovely Christmas Eve with family and friends and loved pets and traditions and happenings to make you very happy and contented, have a good one folks, Lyn xxx.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Morning all

NMLC, thank you for starting the thread today and so many times throughout the year.

Tru, thank you for the songs & carols, I enjoy them so much.

Hugs to Csarina & floss and anyone else in need

I've dropped hubby & his colleague at work, I am collecting them all at lunch time & dropping them at a local pub, I shall collect them after a couple of hours and drop them all home to their respective spouses.

I popped into the little MrT to buy some crisps as they all got eaten yesterday.

Both my DD's visited yesterday with 8 of the DGC, it was chaos, but so lovely to see them all together.
    They demolished a tub of sweets and lots of crisps & fruit.

Hubby is building up to full on grinch mode as he always does at Christmas, hey ho, I shall just ignore it all and peace will soon reign again.

Have a great day everyone.

Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

I'm ill with a sore throat and a temperature. I sound like Barry White.:D

That is all.

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all.
  • camelot1001
    Options
    Feel better soon Judi.

Just nipped out to Aldi for a couple of bits and there was a tent in my front garden! Hope no-one was camping last night, it was a bit rough. Anyway I've taken it to the tip!
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Pouring with rain here and blowing a gale, I am not going out at all today, just need to clean bathroom and hoover round upstairs, OH is on peeling duty, I plan to be on the sofa with a drink and its a wonderful life by 2.15 :D

Hugs to Floss and Csarina and lots of love and Christmas wishes for all my lovely friends on here xxx
  • System
    edited 24 December 2015 at 1:59PM
    Options
    ....can't beat a good row on Christmas Eve morning. Barry White would have been proud.:(

Suffer in silence or open my mouth. Sore as it might be he's had it with both barrels. Tight fisted git won't pay £25 to send to my daughter in SA for the Grandkids. Wouldn't mind bur I've paid for everything else.

Csarina and Floss, thinking of you.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi Ya Chums just taking a five minute breather from all the sausage roll making. DGS Henry came to breakfast this morning after his paper round and I spoiled him to bits with a full English as he was cold and wet bless him.he had another £15.00 in tips and has amassed over £100.00 in the past week from tips.He is a very engaging lad and often does odd jobs to help folk on his round,being tall he is very useful to us old'uns for changing the odd light bulb :):):)

Just been speaking to my DDs ma-in-law its her and her husbands diamond wedding anniversary on Boxing Day and she has had her card delivered from Buckingham Palace and is thrilled to bits.
    We have a big family party on Sunday night at her DDs house plus another one at my Dds house tomorrow night.I am off out with Dd and her OH and family tonight to an Italian restaurant for a meal then back to their house and we all go to midnight mass and communion at 11.30 and its the start of Christmas for us all.
    If I don't get a chance to get back online until much later tonight may I wish each and every one of you a very Happy Christmas and a Healthy and Peaceful New Year.

To those of you who are sad and lonely or just feeling a bit down my love and condolences and I do hope the New Year brings you a brighter future and your sadness will heal

Love to all on the site

JackieO and family, whom you have all heard about from me over the past year XXX
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas, ours is going to be very subdued.

We have a visit to the hospital with OH to get his ears sorted, I then have to go and collect a pair of shoes I ordered and also see if I can get OH yogurt, I suspect he is on a loosing streak there, but will have to see.

Funeral arrangements now causing agro, I am sick of the whole thing.
  • System
    Options
    ((((Hugs)))) Csarina. :(
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all :j
    Feel a bit less lurgified today, but stil not right , n DD is now feeling rough :( Went to a kids' Xmas church service last night , and DGD 4 was really naughty , so we told him Santa was watching, n he said he didn't care cos Santa is "fat, silly n doesn't even have a car ." I could not stop laughing :rotfl:
    Still have the wrapping to do later, n neighbours cards to deliver.Have never been as unmotivated about Xmas .
    Thankfully Mr Pooch is eating again after his tummy upset, I was worried cos he's getting on a bit now :(
    JUDI will the witholding of Xmas conjugals prompt hubs to get his wallet out? ;)
    Anyway if i'm not here tomoz, have a fantastic day everyone, and love to anyone sad , lonely or just not feeling it this year xxxx:A
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family