Accidentally included a space in the middle of my sue name when booking flight

Options
Feeling a bit silly just now, I booked a flight a few months ago and due to fly in roughly 4 weeks. I thought I'd checked the booking details when I received the confirmation etc, but obviously not closely enough! I've just realised that there is an extra space in my second name, i.e. It now reads 'Mac Donald' is this likely to be an issue at the airport? I'm hoping not, because it looks like it will cost me £110 to fix it!
I realise I only have myself to blame, not sure how it's taken me so long to notice.

Comments

• Moto2
    Moto2 Posts: 2,206 Forumite
    Options
    It'll be fine
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
  • antenna
    antenna Posts: 1,776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Them sue names can be embarrasing......just ask Johnny Cash.
    Political?....I dont do Political....well,not much!
  • Marktheshark
    Marktheshark Posts: 5,841 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I would ask them for advice.
    Can you "afford" to be turned away after spending six hours in detention getting questioned ?
    They don't mess about, its not a trip on Megabus, we are on alert status "SEVERE".

Ask the Airline for guidance.
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • belfastgirl23
    belfastgirl23 Posts: 8,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Easyjet were fine when I missed a letter in my name last month :) I think you would be fine with most airlines except the ones who really want to catch you out (Ryanair!!)
  • tomtontom
    tomtontom Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    Options
    Easyjet were fine when I missed a letter in my name last month :) I think you would be fine with most airlines except the ones who really want to catch you out (Ryanair!!)

Ryanair would charge you their basic admin fee for an obvious mistake, around £10. Not much of a "catch out", is it?
  • bagand96
    bagand96 Posts: 6,102 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    tomtontom wrote: »
    Ryanair would charge you their basic admin fee for an obvious mistake, around £10. Not much of a "catch out", is it?

There's been many reports over the years on this forum of people making obvious spelling errors and ringing up Ryanair with a polite phone call and having it fixed for free.

To the OP I'd call the airline, be polite explain the mistake and hopefully they'll sort it without any issue. Even if they say it's going to be £110 you have the option of not going with it and chancing it.
  • Damien1979
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your replies, thought I'd update in case anyone is as silly as me in the future!

I called the airline who have said that since the name is spelt correctly, and it's just an extra space that has been included, then it's ok to leave it as is and will definitely not cause a problem at the airport
  • Alex444
    Alex444 Posts: 144 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Flying with Ryanair in 2 weeks and on getting boarding passes downloaded at the weekend I noticed a typo. Contacted Ryanair through their on line chat facility and problem was sorted in 5 minutes, free of charge;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure