Please stop cruelty to dogs before killing

Options
Dimey
Dimey Posts: 1,434 Forumite
edited 23 February 2015 at 10:50PM in Pets & pet care
If you are strong enough to watch the videos on this website
[Link removed by Forum Team]

I hope you'll understand why I've posted here to help get many more people to sign the petitions to stop the torture of dogs before they are killed for dog meat.

Please don't watch the video's if you don't approve or can't take horrific graphic content. And don't let children watch. But maybe you could please still sign the Petition.
I know this isn't money saving but sometimes moral decency has to come to the fore. I hope I haven't offended anyone. I just wanted to do something to help stop the cruelty. Thank you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Any more posts you want to make on something you obviously know very little about?"
Is an actual reaction to my posts, so please don't rely on anything I say. :)

Comments

• gettingready
    gettingready Posts: 11,330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Did not click on the link but.. why not stop the killing all together?

Sorry, do not quite get your post to be honest.
  • little-spender
    Options
    Did not click on the link but.. why not stop the killing all together?

Sorry, do not quite get your post to be honest.

Not watched the video but.....Each country eats the animals that their country allows

Personally I could not eat horse or dog...but some other countries would see the eating of cow as disgusting.

altho i do not like pets being eaten(anything we class as pets in this country) I accept that other countries do.

There is a big difference in eating the animals and making their journey pain free, than subjecting them to pain before their demis...I think this is what the OP is getting at.
    McCannfiles : Read the archived Portuguese police files on the case- released 1 year after Maddie's departure.
  • Dimey
    Dimey Posts: 1,434 Forumite
    Options
    Yes its the torturing I'd like to stop.

I accept that different countries want to eat different animals.
    But in todays educated society, we should be able to humanely kill an animal for its meat without bashing it over the head multiple times with a scaffolding pole, part slitting its throat and part electrocuting it while yanking it around on a rope or by its legs. All in front of the next animal waiting its turn.

It seems to take so much effort to torture a dog to death. Couldn't they save money and be kind at the same time by adopting modern slaughterhouse methods.

I realise this is a controversial subject but even if a few folk add their name to the petition then I hope some dogs will eventually be saved from the suffering:-)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Any more posts you want to make on something you obviously know very little about?"
    Is an actual reaction to my posts, so please don't rely on anything I say. :)
  • Tiddlywinks
    Tiddlywinks Posts: 5,777 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    While we're at it... how about petitioning about bull fighting? That's bl00dy cruel and the animals suffer a lot yet millions of Brits choose Spain as their holiday destination of choice and might even visit the 'ring' for a bit of local 'culture'.

Plus, closer to home, how about the farming conditions of hens, cows etc? Pigs are incredibly intelligent yet we treat them as a commodity like we do carrots.

Male chicks are put into a macerator as soon as they are hatched and while they're still alive - simply because they won't grown up to lay eggs.

Calves are removed from their mothers after birth and go straight for meat so that the milk still ends up with us.

We humans are selfish and inflict suffering on other beings every day... yet with some suffering we are happy to turn a blind eye.

Are chickens not cute enough for our sympathy? If cows could 'fetch' would we be more concerned?

How many people who love their pets still buy battery farmed food? Those animals live a miserable existence but pet owners and self declared animal lovers rarely give them a second thought.

Then there's the rise in Halal slaughter and it's progression into some mainstream products. Not even stunned before their throats are cut and in front of other animals about to suffer the same fate.

Not directing this at the OP - just that some people have double standards. Cows etc are OK to experience pain and suffering but not 'furry friends'?... I'll never get that.
    :hello:
  • Tiddlywinks
    Tiddlywinks Posts: 5,777 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Dimey wrote: »
    Couldn't they save money and be kind at the same time by adopting modern slaughterhouse methods.

You are very naive to think that our slaughterhouses are pain free.

I used to work near one and it made me want to weep everytime I passed by.

The workers get hardened to the job and no longer see the animals as living beings.

They don't check that they are stunned properly, some can be sadistic in their treatment (have you seen the news item where live turkeys were being used for baseball practice?) and transport is harrowing and cramped. The animals can smell the blood and know there is danger. They try to run, they evacuate their bowels through fear etc - that is not my idea of kindness - perhaps just a little less cruel than it could be.

In mass production, there is no room for kindness - it's all about cheap production and maximum profit.

Still, as long as McD's and Tesco can keep their prices low - happy days.
    :hello:
  • HappyMJ
    HappyMJ Posts: 21,115 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Male chicks are put into a macerator as soon as they are hatched and while they're still alive - simply because they won't grown up to lay eggs.
    It's amazing how many people don't know this. Egg laying breeds are no good for chicken meat therefore male chicks have zero value at all....so straight in the macerator for them which is currently the most humane method of destroying them. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chick_culling

Luckily in this country the law does attempt to treat animals with respect and it already is a criminal offence to cause excessive harm to an animal before killing it. People do get prosecuted for it although the penalties are quiet lenient.

We should push for compulsory CCTV in slaughterhouses to deter at least some abuse.
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • Transformers
    Options
    HappyMJ wrote: »
    We should push for compulsory CCTV in slaughterhouses to deter at least some abuse.

There's a petition here:

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/64997
  • gettingready
    gettingready Posts: 11,330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 26 February 2015 at 5:30PM
    Options
    Dimey wrote: »
    Yes its the torturing I'd like to stop.

Then may I suggest go vegan vegan. As killing without torturing is still killing.

I accept that different countries want to eat different animals.

I do not so I do not eat meat.
    But in todays educated society, we should be able to humanely kill an animal for its meat

Nope, in todays society NO animal should be killed for its meat/fur or any other reason AT ALL. Or experimented on. Or hurt in any way.

be kind at the same time by adopting modern slaughterhouse methods.

Are you seriously THAT naive? Do you have any idea about those "modern slaughterhouses"?

Seriously.... do some research before coming with this nonsense....
  • Johnny_Dangerously
    Options

Nope, in todays society NO animal should be killed for its meat/fur or any other reason AT ALL. Or experimented on. Or hurt in any way.

I used to think that, but realised my cats were carnivores. I tried tofu but they weren't keen;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure