IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Ticket

Options
I wandering if anyone can help.
I work in a hospital and parked in staff parking, I didnt have a permit and got a ticket. Ive read on the forums to ignore as its private land, but today I received a letter from debt recovery plus staing that if I dont pay (which has gone from £30 to £120) they will refer this to a solicitor to consider court proceedings. This has scared me, do I now pay?
Thanks for your help

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    dont pay, dont be scared, read the NEWBIES sticky thread, especially post #4

having read post #4 , you will come to realise that letter is just a threatogram from people who are powerless except to write nasty letters into scaring you into paying

the correct procedures IN FUTURE are to appeal it and take it to popla , as detailed in that same NEWBIES sticky thread

ps:- if this is in england or wales, nobody has been saying IGNORE on the forums for over 2 years , since oct 2012 actually , when POFA 2012 arrived
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,070 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    flopsy2002 wrote: »
    I work in a hospital and parked in staff parking, I didnt have a permit and got a ticket. Ive read on the forums to ignore as its private land, but today I received a letter from debt recovery plus staing that if I dont pay (which has gone from £30 to £120) they will refer this to a solicitor to consider court proceedings. This has scared me, do I now pay?
    Thanks for your help

You did not read this on here.
  • flopsy2002
    flopsy2002 Posts: 10 Forumite
    edited 26 January 2015 at 10:11PM
    Options
    I didnt read it on this forum to ignore the letters, I should have said Ive read this on other websites
  • Redx
    Options
    I didnt read it on this forum to ignore the letters, I should have said Ive read this on other websites

maybe so, but only old posts as its definitely not current info

you wont have read this in the last 2 years on here, or pepipoo, or C.A.G. , or parking cowboys , or parking pranksters website or blog site

it was ignore before oct 2012 , but its now 2015 so a long time since things changed in england and wales

read the NEWBIES sticky thread above, that tells you the latest info and is constantly updated

I suggest you also read JEREMY HUNTS autumn statement last august, about these NHS issues with parking, where he issued guidelines that all trusts should follow
  • flopsy2002
    Options
    I have read the newbies, but I am still really confused as to what I do
  • Redx
    Options
    I have read the newbies, but I am still really confused as to what I do

nothing you can do , apart from ignore DRP ( you did spot this in post #4 of the newbies sticky thread I hope ? )

one thing you could do is get the landowner to cancel the ticket ( you did spot this in the newbies sticky thread I hope ? )
  • flopsy2002
    Options
    So I just ignore the letter?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,321 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for your help

Please please please - please read post #4 of the NEWBIES thread, especially where I practically BEG people not to start threads and ask about the DRP letter chain. We will all self-combust if ever we read another one (as we do every day). Please no more, how much simpler can I make it in post #4 if the NEWBIES thread, aren't there enough links there explaining this tediousness? Sorry but spare us.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    c-m, as you've blocked your pms[read elsewhere and don't blame you;-)]I'll just ask outright here if you have a copy of Charlie Hebdo? I have spares[deliberately], having crossed ditch quickly twice. pm me if interested.

op - please excuse this hi-jack of your thread.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• flopsy2002
    Options
    I understand it must be very boring for to have new threads about parking, but for me I am actually very scared by my letter I received.
    I have found this site not easy touse. I have read the newbies thread and I must be really thick as I still dont understand what I need to do
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure