Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Saint_Chris
    • By Saint_Chris 25th Jul 07, 10:53 PM
    • 3,775Posts
    • 3,723Thanks
    Saint_Chris
    0 WOW
    cancel a ryanair flight
    • 25th Jul 07, 10:53 PM
    0 WOW
    cancel a ryanair flight 25th Jul 07 at 10:53 PM
    Can u cancel a ryanair flight, my friend has just booked a flight for nov, but can't go as she has just realised.

She only booked the flight an hour ago, what could she get back.
Page 1
    • alanrowell
    • By alanrowell 25th Jul 07, 11:15 PM
    • 5,224 Posts
    • 1,991 Thanks
    alanrowell
    • 25th Jul 07, 11:15 PM
    • 25th Jul 07, 11:15 PM
    Absolutely Nothing
    • Saint_Chris
    • By Saint_Chris 25th Jul 07, 11:23 PM
    • 3,775 Posts
    • 3,723 Thanks
    Saint_Chris
    • 25th Jul 07, 11:23 PM
    • 25th Jul 07, 11:23 PM
    Right can she change the booking.

she made a booking to fly to tenerife in nov, but can't go as her hubby is away that week.

But she has now decided that she wouldn't mind going in march, the flights are a bit more expensive, would ryanair just change the flights, and charge them the difference, or would there be a charge for changing them.

thanks
    • alanrowell
    • By alanrowell 25th Jul 07, 11:43 PM
    • 5,224 Posts
    • 1,991 Thanks
    alanrowell
    • 25th Jul 07, 11:43 PM
    • 25th Jul 07, 11:43 PM
    20.50 plus any increase in fare - per passenger per flight

So for a return flight that's 41.
  • Sugarcubed
    • 25th Jul 07, 11:49 PM
    • 25th Jul 07, 11:49 PM
    Absolutely Nothing
    Originally posted by alanrowell
    When I cancelled a flight 2 years ago from Glasgow to London return I got my money back in full.
    ** Mummy to little Jenna born on 23/12/07 **
    Pigsback - 11.25 (30 cashed!)
    Valued opinions - 5.75 (0.25 pending)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Saint_Chris
    • By Saint_Chris 25th Jul 07, 11:50 PM
    • 3,775 Posts
    • 3,723 Thanks
    Saint_Chris
    • 25th Jul 07, 11:50 PM
    • 25th Jul 07, 11:50 PM
    When I cancelled a flight 2 years ago from Glasgow to London return I got my money back in full.
    Originally posted by Sugarcubed

Hi how did you manage to do that.
    • Saint_Chris
    • By Saint_Chris 25th Jul 07, 11:52 PM
    • 3,775 Posts
    • 3,723 Thanks
    Saint_Chris
    • 25th Jul 07, 11:52 PM
    • 25th Jul 07, 11:52 PM
    Originally posted by alanrowell

So for 2 adults that is 82
  • Sugarcubed
    • 25th Jul 07, 11:53 PM
    • 25th Jul 07, 11:53 PM
    Actually, sorry that was my mistake. We had a major change in flight times, thats the only time it is refundable.

According to ryanair you can change the date/time.

Can I change a flight date, time or route?
    Yes you can change your booking online up to 12 hours prior to scheduled departure of your first flight. Between 12 and 4 hours prior to your scheduled departure you can change your booking by contacting your local Ryanair reservations centre, subject to call centre opening hours, click click here.No changes to the flight date/times/route can take place once a passenger has checked in for a flight online.
    ** Mummy to little Jenna born on 23/12/07 **
    Pigsback - 11.25 (30 cashed!)
    Valued opinions - 5.75 (0.25 pending)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• droopsnout
    • By droopsnout 26th Jul 07, 12:01 AM
    • 3,582 Posts
    • 14,917 Thanks
    droopsnout
    • 26th Jul 07, 12:01 AM
    • 26th Jul 07, 12:01 AM
    They don't cancel bookings now.

I messed up a booking for wife and self, by entering my first name for both of us. I couldn't cancel and it costs £70 to change a name. It was far cheaper to abandon the booking for the wife and to make another booking just for her.

It's stupid. That's a seat lost when someone else could have used it. And Ryanair won't make anything extra like on coffees from an empty seat.
    Much of the social history of the Western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good. - Thomas Sowell, "Is Reality Optional?", 1993
    • Saint_Chris
    • By Saint_Chris 26th Jul 07, 7:32 AM
    • 3,775 Posts
    • 3,723 Thanks
    Saint_Chris
    Can u barter with them over prices for changing flights
    • alanrowell
    • By alanrowell 26th Jul 07, 7:59 AM
    • 5,224 Posts
    • 1,991 Thanks
    alanrowell
    Can u barter with them over prices for changing flights
    Originally posted by Saint_Chris
    You can try but all you'll end up with is a) a large phone bill & b) paying even more for the new flight as the price has gone up while you were bartering
    • Saint_Chris
    • By Saint_Chris 26th Jul 07, 6:46 PM
    • 3,775 Posts
    • 3,723 Thanks
    Saint_Chris
    Rang up and got them changed.

played dumb and said that i'd been told that it was only 7 to change details, to which i was told yes if you ring within 2 hours of booking. (I made 7 up):rolleyes:

I said i booked last night how could i have changed the flights then. Only to be told i should have rung this morning. Told lady i did and was on hold for 30 mins and couldn't wait that much longer.

Result was change of flight, paid the difference in price plus 7 for a change.

So in the end i got a good result.

Thanks Ryanair
  • dmg24
    Excellent news, and good to know about the 7 charge if within two hours of booking! x
  • derek huse
    how do i contact them to cancel flight, i messed up flight dates and it was to expensive to change dates, so i just want to cancel
  • beverley1296
    They don't cancel bookings now.

I messed up a booking for wife and self, by entering my first name for both of us. I couldn't cancel and it costs 70 to change a name. It was far cheaper to abandon the booking for the wife and to make another booking just for her.

It's stupid. That's a seat lost when someone else could have used it. And Ryanair won't make anything extra like on coffees from an empty seat.
    Originally posted by droopsnout
    They should have only charged you 7.00 for that, accidents happen on the net. It's happened to me a couple of times because I have form filler on my pc, and they charged me 7 each time.
  • chrisjj
    > They should have only charged you 7.00 for that

How so Beverley? http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/conditions.php?pos=MYFLIGHT says:

A passenger name can be changed online at the rate of 80/100 or via the airport or reservation centre at the rate of 120/150.
  • psihodelica
    They should have only charged you 7.00 for that, accidents happen on the net. It's happened to me a couple of times because I have form filler on my pc, and they charged me 7 each time.
    Originally posted by beverley1296
    so if i just write wrong letter in my surname they shod charge only 7 and I need to say it's my computer fault .. what can I do .. ?!
  • dmg24
    so if i just write wrong letter in my surname they shod charge only 7 and I need to say it's my computer fault .. what can I do .. ?!
    Originally posted by psihodelica
    No, you need to admit it was your fault - your computer would not type one incorrect letter! Call Ryanair and explain the problem, if you call quickly enough they may allow you to change the letter for 10.
  • psihodelica
    No, you need to admit it was your fault - your computer would not type one incorrect letter! Call Ryanair and explain the problem, if you call quickly enough they may allow you to change the letter for 10.
    Originally posted by dmg24
    I order ticket at Saturday evening, I hope it's will be o.k. If i call them at Monday morning, because ... for witch one number you call? for priority or normal one ? and how long to need de on line whit them while they do then changes .. anyway thank you for yours help ..
  • dandy 72
    change of flight by ryanair by more than 5 hours 1 way and 11 hours homebound
    ryanair sent me an email earlier today to tell me they have changed mine & my 16 yr old's sons inbound flight by 5 hours earlier plus they have also changed our outbound flight by 11 hours earlier. can we cancel the flight & reclaim back as now this flight is totally unacceptable or helpfull to us, even though we dont travel untill june?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,636Posts Today

6,712Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • If anyone wonders why I am only retweeting those supporting my anti "110% effort" stance, its because those disagreeing are WRONG! :)

• RT @MonkeyScrubber: @MartinSLewis @GMB this video has just made my wife (a maths teacher) so happy.

• RT @rathgorn: @MartinSLewis @GMB in fact I'd go so far as to say that over exaggeration has got a thousand % worse recently ????

• Follow Martin