IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CP Plus - Glasgow

Options
I have just received a parking fine in a hospital in Glasgow by a company called CP Plus for £40 for overstaying the 4 hours maximum stay.

I work as an engineer and was doing work in the hospital all day

Do I have any grounds to appeal this or get off with it basically?

Ive seen some other threads on the forum with people who say to ignore it. - Can I do this with CP Plus?

Thanks.

Comments

• bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    The advice for Scotland has not fundamentally changed. Yes another PPC (UKPC) have raised some claims recently in the Scottish courts, but they have not yet been heard and if the defendants have their heads screwed on UKPC will lose.

All covered in the NEWBIES guide.

And it's not a FINE. And if this was a windscreen ticket then you ignore it (unless the vehicle is not registered to you) and await the NtK (which you also ignore). And complain to the hospital.
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,566 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It's not a fine.
    You are/were in Scotland.
    #
    )))))))))))))))))))))
    #
    But now read the Newbies Threads properly and answer your own question.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    The keeper has no liability in Scotland so are you the keeper or was this a company van where the PCN has been forwarded to you by your company or lease firm? And reading your thread isn't the obvious solution to complain to the Facilities Manager at the Hospital to get it cancelled, and ask how in future you or other engineers can register on a 'white list' of exempt vehicles or you won't be working there again?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    2710 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    The keeper has no liability in Scotland so are you the keeper or was this a company van where the PCN has been forwarded to you by your company or lease firm? And reading your thread isn't the obvious solution to complain to the Facilities Manager at the Hospital to get it cancelled, and ask how in future you or other engineers can register on a 'white list' of exempt vehicles or you won't be working there again?

Its my own car yeah.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    2710 wrote: »
    Its my own car yeah.

So you ignore and continue to do so until the PPC gives up. As long as you don't tell them who was driving you are bomb-proof in Scotland, and the best way not to tell them who was driving is not to contact them at all, ever.

This is all explained in the Sticky thread for NEWBIES at the top of the main page.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 16 October 2014 at 4:49PM
    Options
    Its my own car yeah.
    I do hope you have realised there is no fine - nothing to 'get off'? Your first post sounded like you felt you had done something wrong and were looking for an 'out'.

You could be more proactive and - as well as the definite complaint to the Hospital Facilities Manager - you could also issue a cancellation notice as discussed here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=66732516#post66732516

But if you do, you would have to not mention the fact you were working because cancellation rights only work for consumers (you would have to write in consumer mode merely cancelling the contract not talking about the 'working' issue at all). I would go for the complaint first and ONLY if that doesn't work as your first step, either ignore the PPC (collect & keep ALL letters just in case) or send a simple cancellation notice later on.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    For Scotland I think the best course of action for an RK is to simply ignore. UNLESS the RK has his/her head screwed on right they could end up dobbing themselves in if they try to send a cancellation notice (unless they get the wording critiqued first).
    Options
    I'll ignore the notice, keep the letters and see what happens. Thanks for the replies and advice .
  • Iceweasel
    Iceweasel Posts: 4,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'll ignore the notice, keep the letters and see what happens. Thanks for the replies and advice .

You'll get a few more letters at approx monthly intervals threatening all sorts of dire consequences if you don't pay up.

But they eventually give up - unless - you contact them, which tells them you are unsure of the laws in Scotland - so then the letters continue a bit longer with even more outrageous rubbish.
    Options
    Iceweasel wrote: »
    You'll get a few more letters at approx monthly intervals threatening all sorts of dire consequences if you don't pay up.

But they eventually give up - unless - you contact them, which tells them you are unsure of the laws in Scotland - so then the letters continue a bit longer with even more outrageous rubbish.

Well I got a letter through today but the header was different:

"PCS - Parking Collection Services"

The letter states I've to pay the full amount(£40) to avoid further action.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure