RedReclaims...scammed ?

Options
Hi all,

I was contacted in June by a company called RedReclaims. They gave me the usual blah about offering a PPI claim service. This one seemed a little different in that they (for an upfront fee) would trace back through my financial history to locate all credit cards, loans, and mortgages previously held and request copies of all my agreements to see if there were any PPI agreements added without my consent.

This did seem appealing as I have probably lost records on several credit cards used in the past for their 0% interest deals which were then cancelled after a year or so.

Of course I was totally sceptical about this company. I had some long conversations with them about how the process worked, and what would happen if they did not find anything worth claiming to which they said they would refund the full costs of the search to me. I specifically asked this question several times, and recorded all telephone calls with them using an app on my phone.

Additionally I looked into the company, and found no bad references to them online, they were a registered company and were also registered with the financial ombudsman. Doing all I could to check their legitimacy, I agreed to go ahead and paid them the search fee - over £300. I made sure this was paid on a credit card.

During the last four months, they did ask for some paperwork, and asked me to sign disclosure documents for each of my main banks and lenders - to allow access to original contracts. Their website <urls not allowed, yeah thanks> had a login part for me, and I could see each of the progressing cases for each of the companies I had had finance from.

I have now received a letter from this company saying they have decided they can no longer offer me a PPI claims service, and that unless I say otherwise, my claim will be transferred to a third party company called Delta Claims.

I have replied to them telling them that I do not accept this - the original contract was with them and them alone to perform the agreed searches and subsequent claims. I have also said that as 4 months has passed and they have been unable to locate any valid claims that I am requesting a refund in full and that my case is closed.

I did try to call them (in the daytime) to discuss this, and what a surprise...I go to a voicemail message saying the offices are only open 9am-5am and to leave a message - and the system then tells me I can't leave a message as the system is full !! I went to their website, and more surprises!...its offline.

I'm trying not to feel like I've totally been scammed here, however it looks like this may be the case.

I have sent the above letter by registered post, and if it is returned or not answered I guess I will be contacting my credit card company to get involved.

Is there a time limit on such claims, and do I have any other options for retrieving these funds ?

Comments

• alanpennington
    Options
    I to have been scammed by Redreclaims of Swansea, they contacted me by name in April this year and they were very, very convincing, I don't easily fall for this type of company. However they originally wanted £400 to pursue a claim search etc. and because of the companies I had had loans etc. with they said that unknown to me there would have been hidden PPI's. I parted with only £100 and have been in regular contact with them, when you could get through to them which was difficult! by phone, I have just got a letter to tell me they cant take my claim further and advised they would pass my claim on if I DID NOT REPLY WITHIN 14 DAYS. I will be sending a letter asking for a refund and not to pass on my claim. In the mean time I have searched for the company they say they will forward my details to and guess what it does not exisit or they have no connnection with REDRECLAIMS. THEY SUGGESTED I CONTACT THE MINISTRY OF JUSTICE TEL. 012832 33309 which I have done and they have had hundreds of people contacting them over this company redreclaims and so called being passed onto Delta claims, they have taken my details and advised me to claim off my credit card company as REDRECLAIMS have given up their accreditation, which to me means they have gone bust!

PLEASE POST ANY DETAILS ANYONE HAVE ON HOW TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK FROM THIS COMPANY PLEASE
  • magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This company is Redaurum Limited. Its head office is in South Wales - like a disproportionate number of such businesses.

They surrendered their authorisation to the claims regulator last week.

You should therefore report the matter to consumer@claimsregulation.gov.uk and also contact your credit card provider for a refund. This can be done via either a chargeback or using Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. The former is probably preferable as it will not leave them out of pocket and, whether you were missild PPI or not, it is not their fault that you were defrauded.
  • andycha
    Options
    Thats great, thanks for the info....

At least I'm not the only one :-)
  • rob-81
    Options
    Sorry to bump this up but I have had similar problems with this company.

Much to my shame, I was conned by redreclaim in April this year. They took £350 and strung me along until August. In august, they asked me to complete an electronic signature document for a company called Vanquish. I did this and heard nothing for a while.

Meanwhile, having finally become suspicious I did a bit of research and realised that it was likely that vanquish and redreclaim were the same people (registered at same address,suggestions that they were one and the same online). I telephoned vanquish and asked them if they were in fact redreclaim. They denied that they were. They informed me that the delay in activity by them was due to needing a hard copy of the contract I had signed electronically. I have yet to return this.

I have also found out that redreclaim no longer exist. I am worried that I have found myself tied to another company run by the same scammers. I appreciate that I have probably lost the money I paid to redreclaim but am very keen to have no obligation to vanquish. I hope that the fact that they have been asking for a hard copy of the contract means that they are not yet able to pursue me for payment for "work " they have done on my behalf.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
    Rob
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,990 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can try a charge back with your CC - might work - see the CC forum for advice on this
  • rob-81
    Options
    Thanks, I'll have a read on the cc forum.
  • Chickenlips60
    Options
    Hi, I have also been done out of £350 by Red Reclaims who have passed my details on to Vanquish Claims. I have contacted HSBC and initially they fobbed me off saying that as the charge was over 6 months old they couldnt do anything which i have since argued and they have now sent me the paperwork to complete so they can investigate. The HSBC advisor said that I needed to find out who the administrators are for Red Reclaims.
    Does anyone know who the administrators are for them?
    Are Vanquish the same shoddy lot?
    Thank you!
  • magpiecottage
    Options
    rob-81 wrote: »
    I have also found out that redreclaim no longer exist. I am worried that I have found myself tied to another company run by the same scammers.
    The new company will not have a contract with you. They may try to sue you because anybody can sue anybody about anything. However, if they do, you can dispute it and ask that it is referred to a court local to you.

I appreciate that I have probably lost the money I paid to redreclaim[/QUOTE]

If it was on a credit, rather than a debit, card then you can use Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 to get your money back.
  • Alpine_Star
    Alpine_Star Posts: 1,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi, I have also been done out of £350 by Red Reclaims who have passed my details on to Vanquish Claims. I have contacted HSBC and initially they fobbed me off saying that as the charge was over 6 months old they couldnt do anything which i have since argued and they have now sent me the paperwork to complete so they can investigate. The HSBC advisor said that I needed to find out who the administrators are for Red Reclaims.
    Does anyone know who the administrators are for them?
    Are Vanquish the same shoddy lot?
    Thank you!

Redauram Ltd T/A Redreclaim haven't gone into administration (at least yet) but they are facing a strike off proposal. They're overdue on filing their accounts and return.

When did you pay them £350 and why?
  • Boo83
    Options
    Redreclaims also took money from my husbands account for pursuing a ppi claim on our behalf. They were very convincing and persuasive and I think as soon as my husband out the phone down he knew he shouldn't have parted with money up front. I did some research into the company and immediately lhey looked suspicious to me. I informed my credit card company and contacted redreclaims immediately and asked them to refund my husband and I as we were within the 14 day cooling off period. I had a very lengthily discussion with David king at red reclaims who would simply not tale no for an answer and in the end I put the phone down! I logged a complaint with the ministry of justice who were very interested in what I had to say. Basically they are building a case against them as they are not operating correctly. I followed their advice and immediately sent a letter asking for my money back (still within the cooling off period and send recorded delivery). I also put a claim through my credit card provider, who would have paid out had I not been refunded. The MoJ followed up on all of my communication directly with Redreclaims, which I feel is why they eventually sent me the refund. I would urge all of you to contact the ministry of justice and follow their advice. If you paid via credit card you should be able to make a claim. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure