IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Highview Parking

Options
Hi all,

I was issued a fine via Highview parking on 15.05.14 for parking at a Travelodge car park - I asked on the phone at the time of booking about the car park and I was told it was a paying site - fine. I got to the Travelodge and nobody at check in asked me to pay for my parking (I entered the building via the car park). There was a sign saying it was a pay on exit car park but upon my exit I could find no machine to make payment (the car park was in total darkness and I had to use a torch to find my car).

I have been away for a month and come home to three letters NtK with a charge that stands at £110. I have tried to sift through the information on here but what I really need to know is - can I actually appeal this?

I might've paid the £40 reduced rate had I been here to receive the letter when it arrived but now that it's been hiked to £110 - I'm !!!!ed.

Comments

• Hot_Bring
    Hot_Bring Posts: 1,596 Forumite
    Options
    Firstly it's NOT a fine !!!!

Secondly, read the Newbies thread which has details of what to do if you are too late to appeal.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Jd1411 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I was issued a speculative invoice (pcn) via Highview parking on 15.05.14 for parking at a Travelodge car park

I have altered the above as you used the incorrect f-word - lol

only a judge or a court of law can actually do what you said, certainly not Highview !!

as stated above, read the newbies sticky thread at the top of the forum
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,483 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 25 June 2014 at 4:10PM
    Options
    Jd1411 wrote: »
    I might've paid the £40 reduced rate had I been here to receive the letter when it arrived but now that it's been hiked to £110 - I'm !!!!ed.
    As ever, this is covered in the sticky thread at the top of this parking forum - which is why I wrote it. Sadly, last year it got silly as we could not keep up with all the ''help I have got a private parking ticket, what do I do?'' threads so I wrote a sticky thread BEGGING newbies to 'read these FAQS first'. And one of the first things I says there is 'everyone has grounds for appealing a private parking ticket'!

No-one here pays even £40 and certainly not more! Everyone appeals and wins or they ignore debt collector letters of they've left the appeal too late to get POPLA as an option.

Complain to the Travelodge as the means to pay were not offered so they and their agent 'frustrated' this alleged contract. And send the template appeal from the NEWBIES thread to Highview, even though you may have left it a bit late. Highview don't do court or anything so you won't be paying this but you are best to try to get it to POPLA where our templates will help you to win the appeal.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    You can, if you so inclined, say beastly things about Travel Lodge on Trip Advisor and Facebook.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Jd1411
    Jd1411 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Just to let everybody know, I sent the standard letter from the sticky thread on Monday even though the ticket was issued in May.

Today I received a letter:

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your correspondence. With reference to the Charge Notice issued to the above vehicle, after reviewing our data and in view of the representations made in connection with its issue, we can confirm that we have decided to cancel this Notice and no further action is to be taken.

Yours faithfully
    Highview Parking Ltd

Thank you so much!!! I'm doing a happy dance!
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,465 Forumite
    Options
    This is the 2nd HV case reported today of capitulation at the first hurdle when faced with the forum appeal template (kittykat1 was the other).

They clearly understand they have no chance at POPLA who would inevitably confirm they have absolutely no right to the charge they are levying - and they would be charged £27 for the privilege of being told so.

Perhaps we do them a disservice in questioning their intelligence. :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Jd1411
    Jd1411 Posts: 9 Forumite
    edited 10 November 2014 at 3:05PM
    Options
    Hello,

I have just received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus regarding this unpaid parking charge.
    Debt Recovery Plus claim to have contacted me previously on 22/10/14 which they absolutely have not.

Now, Highview dismissed this ticket as mentioned above... What the hell is going on?

I don't have the cancellation letter anymore - I actually shredded unnecessary paperwork last week. Who could have foreseen this?!

Does this impact my credit rating? Who do I contact first regarding this? I no longer have the letter.

Highview should have this dismissal on file, right?

EDIT: I have been on the highview website and logged into the 'appeals section' which says the outstanding balance for this charge is zero.

How do I go about informing these idiots of their error? Do I ask highview to contact debt recovery plus or do I call them?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,465 Forumite
    Options
    Please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky at the top of the forum index, one page back from here, use the Forum Jump button to navigate there.

You do need to read and understand that sticky as you will have to do a bit of work to get rid of your problem. We will help and guide you, but won't be able to do it for you, so the more knowledge you gain about how to deal with this, the better you will handle it, and the more likely you will be successful.

And you will need to start a new thread of your own please. We only deal with one case on each thread.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Jd1411
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky at the top of the forum index, one page back from here, use the Forum Jump button to navigate there.

You do need to read and understand that sticky as you will have to do a bit of work to get rid of your problem. We will help and guide you, but won't be able to do it for you, so the more knowledge you gain about how to deal with this, the better you will handle it, and the more likely you will be successful.

And you will need to start a new thread of your own please. We only deal with one case on each thread.

Thank you.

This is my thread. See above.
  • Dublindel
    Options
    Go back to the page that shows £0 outstanding and do a screen grab. Then phone DR+ and tell them to do one.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure