Next Summer Sale July 19th

As the title says, the Next Summer sale starts on 19th July. (A week later than usual due to the world cup final)

Stores are currently receiving sale stock and their is a lot of it. A lot of stores are refreshing their display furniture and so it will be sold off, starting on Monday 14th July.

I don't have a list of what's going into the sale yet, but ill post more details closer to the time.

Comments

• celestius
    celestius Posts: 1,090 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Thanks! don't think I will be buying much this year unless I get a first VIP slot - do need a single bed for ds so will keep my eyes open anyway!
  • Great stuff! Always buy my kids next size up in clothes! Found womens sale to be a bit disappointing last few times but hopefully it's better this time around! Hoping some little polka dot short pinafore things in girls will be in sale! Been considering them for a while now! Lol :) look forward to more updates!
  • OK, a bit of an update on what i have found out about the sale.

Its going to be massive, we normally only receive stock in the 3/4 weeks leading up to the sale, but we have been receiving stock for the past 2 weeks and it isn't slowing down.

Also the mark down process has been consolidated to 3/4 days instead of the usual 2 weeks and so you will only notice writing on the price tickets from Wednesday 16th July with the exception of very large stores who may do it slightly earlier.

Furniture wise, about 40% of stores are having a full refresh of display furniture and so will sell off from the Monday before the sale starting at 30% off. All other stores that have display furniture will have some form of refresh and will be selling display furniture its just a matter of how much they are selling, so you may want to have a look in a few different stores.

Hope this has helped a few people
    Font
  • Pipkin
    Pipkin Posts: 575 Forumite
    How does the writing on the tickets thing work? sorry, newbie at that bit!
    M.A.C.A.W member number 39 :D

Those who are inclined to casual cruelty say that inside a fat girl is a thin girl and a lot of chocolate. Terry Pratchett
  • writing on the tickets works like this:

a letter and number are written in red pen EG: B10

This means B = colour of ticket, 10 = price of ticket

so B10 means a blue £10 ticket.

hope it helps
  • For the children's clothes at Next which are currently sold out, are they restocking them for the sale? Also, do u know how the online sale goes in terms of when it begins and also once the clothing is purchased by VIP customers online, are they restocked online if they become sold out?
  • If it is sold out online and is going into the sale they it probably wont reappear online. This is because Next like to put as little as possible into the sale and sell it at full price first. The reason for this is that the cost associated with the sale means very little, if any profit is made after overheads and extra staffing costs etc. Its about liquidating excess stock.

The only possible way it will work its way back online is if after the sale, it has not been sold on the shop or has been returned and sent back to the warehouse, this is usually 2-3 weeks after the instore sale.

In the last sale the top 25 best selling items from each dept was made available online only. It has been decided not to repeat this as some stores did not have a lot of sale stock, and customers complained that they had seen it instore previously but was not available when they wanted it.
  • Does anyone know when the via slots will be sent out?
  • misscl
    misscl Posts: 4 Newbie
    fontofnoknowledge: Any chance you can confirm/deny if any of the Hartford Painted furniture range will be in the Sale please? I would love to buy a few items but might hold off if there's any chance they will be cheaper in a few weeks! Thanks in advance x
  • Loliv
    Loliv Posts: 1 Newbie
    Hi there,
    Do you know if the carter cabin bed will be in the next summer sale?
    Thanks in advance!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport