PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thread Thursday 22nd May

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine.
LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
:staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
"Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
Proud to have dealt with our debt :)

Comments

• Time_to_face_the_music
    Options
    Good morning everyone :)

Am totally exhausted today and staggering towards the weekend. Am actually off for 5 days but I think they are all already planned for me - cleaning, painting, carpet buying/fitting, gardening, appliance buying/fitting, moving house etc. 5 days definitely won't be long enough but I will do my best and DH will be tied up with exam marking from Monday.

Need to dash and need to get back into some good O/S habits, add shopping and organising meals and having time to eat them to that list. Ended up with KFC at 8.30pm last night :o

Thank you once more to everyone who has given me wonderful support here and/or Facebook :A

Well wishes for all sick people and pets and hugs for those that need or just want them. Keep well and safe and have a super day :)
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Birthday wishes to those celebrating a birthday, hope you have a great day x

Hugs to those that want/need them.

Now light, very wet underfoot and still now raining, it started at some time during the night and rained quite hard as I heard it hitting on the windows.

Dinner last night was chicken and ham kievs, chips, beans and salad for the menfolk and I had a mushroom omelette and salad. Tonight the boys will be having pizza and DH and I will be having the 2 dine for £10 meal deal – nice and easy to cook whilst in the caravan. Have lots of snacky bits and I’ve made up a couple of lidded bowls of my salad to take away with us, as we finish up not having time to eat proper meals.

Everything is pretty much packed, I just need to pack the last few bits, ie, the cold stuff into the cool bag and my personal bits – we loaded the caravan and car last night so once we’re both ready we’ll get on our way.

Got my nails done yesterday afternoon and am really pleased with them, the girl that did them was excellent and has made a very good job of them, I will definitely be going back, I’ve booked another appointment – she was the same price as the other girl but was quicker at doing it and I feel that the finish is better, she did some nail art too. I like the feeling of going into a shop to have them done – makes it feel like I’m being pampered – in the same way I prefer going to a hairdressers – but I’m still having my hair cut and coloured at home – as my previous hairdresser had a fall-out with 1 of her workers and the other worker did my nails there and I felt very “stuck in the middle” – so don’t use either of them anymore.

Have been really busy this week getting ready to go away – so haven’t had a CBA mood – hoping that when we get back and things then slow down I still be able to keep busy. I just need to keep myself occupied but without putting too much pressure on myself otherwise I get overwhelmed.

Have a great weekend x

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • candlelight_2013
    candlelight_2013 Posts: 2,681 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning all,

Have been up since 5 because of the rain. We hadn't taken the parasols down and the rain was drumming on them. Have had coffee so feel human now.

Have to pop to the SM today. Have been checking on a neighbour's house whilst she is abroad, but she is due back this evening so want to get her some bread and milk.

Have a good day everyone, and hugs if you need or just want one

Much love
    Candlelightx
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Heavy rain here in the night and looks like its set in for the day. Off to work for me and OH, DD is off to London for the day shopping (cant think of anything worse!)

Little dog continues to be amazing she is managing so well and seems almost happier to me, I now wonder if that lump was giving her pain.

Gammon steak for dinner with chips and peas so nice and quick will do a wash tonight and get on airer and I have my shopping being delivered tonight.

Have good days all xx
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good Morning chums well dry at the moment but looking a bit as though there will be showers at some point as its rather warm and humis .I hope not though as my gardener is due and I am hoping he will get some of the sweet peas planted for me.I have an old 'butler type sink halfway down my garden and I like to have sweet peas growing in it as the netting stretches up the side of the fence from the sink and they climb up the netting and make a fence panel a wall of colour in the summer.The sink had been left in the garden when we moved here in 1995 and its such a heavy lump of a thing I thought I could turn it into a feature so a square pot filled with sweet peas makes it look really unusual.My gardener grows them from seed for me in his greenhouse and I have a huge pot on the patio waiting to go in.So fingers crossed he can get them in today for me.

I have a gorgeous dinner last night,my DGS Danny took me out to Wagamama's in Maidstone and we ate some delicious Japanese food and drak copious amounts of green tea which Danny assures me is very good for you.He is a bit of a food fanatic and bless him knows all the stuff to eat to make you healthy:):) Great from a young man who 5 years ago thought Maccyds was the only stuff he liked.He now eats almost a totally different diet and amazed me at some of the things he will make I want to get his 'courgetti' recipe which uses courgettes instead of spaghetti.He really is seriously into different food now and loves to try things that are different.Altogether a great night out with a very bright and interesting young man.

I also had a phone call from my nephew and he says when my DD and I go to our spa weekend in Oxford he will pick us both up and show DD the grand tour of Oxford.I used to live there for awhile back in the early 1960s and met her Dad there.He has also invited us both to the memorial service on the next day at Pangbourne College where his son attends Its the one for the Falklands war so that will be interesting.
    So many interesting things ahead to do this year.
    Mustn't forget to vote either at some point.
    Right time to get a wriggle on,have a great day whatever you are doing
    Cheers chums

JackieO xxx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning all, what a disturbed night we had last night, it was bakingly hot and very noisy with rain drumming on the windows and the lurcher was very restless and wouldn't settle but at least no thunder which really spooks the poor old lad. He Who Knows is having a lie in and catching up on his zzzzzzzz's. Going to have a relatively easy day today and sort out the freezer and then make a concerted effort to use up some of its contents over the next couple of weeks as I seem to have squirreled away an enormous amount of home grown fruit and veg last year that needs using before we start to harvest anything this year. At lease the freezer will cool down the kitchen for a while eh??? Lyn xxx.
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,026 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

TTFTM - What a busy weekend you have in store! Hope all goes well.
    Molly - Hope you have managed to get some sleep and things are a lot clearer now.
    HH - How did the appraisal go?

Hugs to those not up to scratch.

DS2 arrived home yesterday, DD had gone to Glasgow to meet him and his pal he has been travelling with. They went for lunch and a wander and then came back here for dinner. All his washing is done and is out on the line, hoping it dries before the rain sets in.

Spray painted 2 wicker chairs grey yesterday, I bought them second hand and think they were made for outdoors so quite sturdy. They were black gloss with blue showing through. Not sure I like the grey but it's done now, at least they don't look quite so shabby. I have also been sanding down a table I was given but it is hard work doing it by hand so just do half an hour at a time!

DD made bolognase sauce yesterday which is in the fridge for tonight, I will be out but they can have it. I am off out for my dinner and then to see Wicked, quite excited!

In-service day today and then the long holiday weekend. Take care. XX
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning[/FONT] :hello:

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Molly hope you're OK? :)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I've been hobbling about, I managed to sprain my ankle the other day :mad: I've kept busy though, making sure not to let it rest for too long. It's healing quite quickly.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]It's been nice and sunny here for days so I've been in the garden most of the time. The tomatoes are doing well, I've been keeping an eye on them daily. Usually I just water them daily and occasionally pinch off the useless bits, then one day find they've suddenly gone really bushy and have got out of hand. Not this year – I've kept on top of them and they're all neat and tidy :D I have some lettuce seedlings which need planting, they'll fit nicely between the tomatoes. I have to be careful when I'm in the greenhouses, a pair of frogs have moved in and there's a visiting slow worm – don't want to hurt them :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]It's cooler here today, which is a bit of a relief. I can spend more time in the greenhouses :D Also I can get on with my crochet, I'm making blankets at the moment and it's been too hot to have them on my lap while I work on them. I missed doing it and had to make something so I free-handed a little mushroom :D It's quite cute, wish I'd made notes as I was making it because I want to make more and I can't remember exactly how I did it :doh:
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I have one more baby blanket to make, then I can get some photos done. I'm not paying a pro, I want to do it myself so I've been reading websites/blogs for hints and tips. I didn't realise how involved it all is – I just want nice photos :D:D[/FONT]
    Bulletproof
  • hilstep2000
    hilstep2000 Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,
    We missed the rain even though it was predicted.:T
    Went to Kings yesterday and had a PET scan. Not good results. Co0nsultant thinks that the cancer has come back. He says he can see something in my lung and in my arm lymph gland. Wants me to go on chemo now. Still getting my head round things.:o

Have DD and DGCH staying and OH too. Noisy in my house this morning!:rotfl:

Have a good day all.
    I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

• snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,596 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Hilstep not a lot to say except that I'm thinking of you.

I might pop back and post later, all my doings seem very trivial now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure