Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bobsa1
    • By bobsa1 4th May 14, 8:30 PM
    • 1,791Posts
    • 1,769Thanks
    bobsa1
    does anyone have the jack monroe romesco sauce recepie
    • 4th May 14, 8:30 PM
    does anyone have the jack monroe romesco sauce recepie 4th May 14 at 8:30 PM
    hi i have used a jack Monroe romesco sauce recipe and now just cant find it on the net or her blog does anyone happen to have it please
Page 1
    • K9sandFelines
    • By K9sandFelines 6th May 14, 12:02 AM
    • 1,792 Posts
    • 15,238 Thanks
    K9sandFelines
    • 6th May 14, 12:02 AM
    • 6th May 14, 12:02 AM
    hi i have used a jack Monroe romesco sauce recipe and now just cant find it on the net or her blog does anyone happen to have it please
    Originally posted by bobsa1

Looks like it has been taken down, as i still had the link to that recipe in my inbox; but it now just leads you to a page error 404. Sorry and hope someone can be of more help.
    GC 2017 (4,000) Jan 346.72 Feb 241.96 Mar 280.29 Apr 192.00 (app.) May plus Ocado delivery saver

~ Still learning the art of frugality ~
    • BookWorm
    • By BookWorm 6th May 14, 7:08 AM
    • 2,270 Posts
    • 13,806 Thanks
    BookWorm
    • 6th May 14, 7:08 AM
    • 6th May 14, 7:08 AM
    If you can post the broken link - it may be possible to find a cached version from it
    • PasturesNew
    • By PasturesNew 6th May 14, 7:19 AM
    • 58,639 Posts
    • 337,706 Thanks
    PasturesNew
    • 6th May 14, 7:19 AM
    • 6th May 14, 7:19 AM
    If it's gone, it could mean she nicked it ... most of her stuff's not "original", but common stuff others do and she just got noticed.

So she probably had to remove it.
    • hilstep2000
    • By hilstep2000 6th May 14, 8:45 AM
    • 3,068 Posts
    • 17,709 Thanks
    hilstep2000
    • 6th May 14, 8:45 AM
    • 6th May 14, 8:45 AM
    I have her book but it's not in there either, sorry.
    I Believe in saving money!!!
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

• PasturesNew
    • By PasturesNew 6th May 14, 9:03 AM
    • 58,639 Posts
    • 337,706 Thanks
    PasturesNew
    • 6th May 14, 9:03 AM
    • 6th May 14, 9:03 AM
    I didn't realise it was "that hard" for others to find it, I found it straight away .... so here it is:

Romesco sauce, vegan, for pasta, fish chicken, or straight from the jar…

Ingredients: makes 600g, or 750ml. Serves 6 generously. Suitable for freezing in portions, e.g. in an ice cube tray.

2 peppers – red, orange or yellow
    2 fat cloves of garlic
    400g chopped tomatoes
    100ml water
    100g ground almonds
    2 tbsp vinegar – apple cider, white wine, red wine, or balsamic all work well
    2 slices bread – any will do

First, finely dice the red pepper and chop the garlic, and pop into the slow cooker with the oil. Cook together on High for 15 minutes or so, until they start to soften slightly. They don’t need to cook through, just start to soften a little – there’s a world of difference between lightly saut!ed vegetables and boiled ones! You can do this step in a frying pan if you prefer – but it works just as well in the slow cooker to save washing up.

When the pepper and garlic have softened slightly, pour over the chopped tomatoes, almonds and water. Dice the bread (crusts are a personal preference), and add to the pot with the vinegar, and stir well to combine.

Replace the lid and cook on High until bubbling (for my 1.5l slow cooker this takes around 45 minutes, timings will vary for larger cookers).

When the mixture starts to bubble, reduce the heat to Low and stir well to stop the edges burning. Cook for a further 4-6 hours on low (trust me, it’s worth it) until the sauce is thickened and glossy. The colour will range from a mild peach colour if you used yellow peppers, to a deep rich red if you used red ones…

Add a pinch of chilli and a shake of salt to serve.

Serving suggestions: Serve as a pasta sauce, or over white fish with rice, or pour over a baked potato with hard strong cheese sprinkled liberally on top…
    • Willowpop
    • By Willowpop 6th May 14, 11:26 AM
    • 827 Posts
    • 2,386 Thanks
    Willowpop
    • 6th May 14, 11:26 AM
    • 6th May 14, 11:26 AM
    If it's gone, it could mean she nicked it ... most of her stuff's not "original", but common stuff others do and she just got noticed.

So she probably had to remove it.
    Originally posted by PasturesNew
    Or maybe she is simply going to put in into her next book so took it off her website for a while?
    • PasturesNew
    • By PasturesNew 6th May 14, 11:52 AM
    • 58,639 Posts
    • 337,706 Thanks
    PasturesNew
    • 6th May 14, 11:52 AM
    • 6th May 14, 11:52 AM
    Or maybe she is simply going to put in into her next book so took it off her website for a while?
    Originally posted by Willowpop
    No idea. I don't do her recipes. Don't like the stuff she makes, don't have those ingredients, don't have that equipment.... give me a Hairy Biker recipe any day

I've always said if two blokes can sit by the side of the road and cook something in the rain, I can probably manage it in my kitchen in the dry ..... they don't use fancy pants ideas/ingredients.
    • evie451
    • By evie451 6th May 14, 12:23 PM
    • 365 Posts
    • 659 Thanks
    evie451
    • 6th May 14, 12:23 PM
    • 6th May 14, 12:23 PM
    Well each to his own........as I do have bread, vinegar and a can of chopped toms and I own a fancy slow cooker I might give this a go it sounds lovely......
    Every Penny's a prisoner
    • Willowpop
    • By Willowpop 6th May 14, 1:00 PM
    • 827 Posts
    • 2,386 Thanks
    Willowpop
    Well each to his own........as I do have bread, vinegar and a can of chopped toms and I own a fancy slow cooker I might give this a go it sounds lovely......
    Originally posted by evie451
    Me too. It does sound good.
    • bobsa1
    • By bobsa1 8th May 14, 6:23 PM
    • 1,791 Posts
    • 1,769 Thanks
    bobsa1
    Thank you so much it is lovely and I kept getting the broken link. Thanks again
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,381Posts Today

6,841Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin