IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

End wanted to ParkingEye ticket

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,729 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    DRCUK wrote: »
    I dont know what the procedure rules are? So prob not im guessing?
    Id be happy to negotiate with them and settle on a resonable cost as opposed to the £160 they want.

It was the Range store

The Range won't help. But you could defend and win as many people do now.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • DRCUK
    DRCUK Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Am I right in thinking I can approach PE with under the table offers if I title my emails 'Without prejudice'?

PE had only started opperating on the site the month before I was caught, Id parked on there many times out of shop hours!
  • da_rule
    da_rule Posts: 3,618 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I wouldn't do it by e-mail. If you want a Part 36 offer I'm sure we could draft something. I'd send it by post, with proof of postage. Whilst courts are accepting of e-mails in the whole, sometimes a good, old fashioned letter is the way to go.

Can you post a copy of the offer you sent them up? Obviously remove all personal/identifying details.
  • ColliesCarer
    ColliesCarer Posts: 1,593 Forumite
    edited 10 April 2014 at 4:29PM
    Options
    the £20 settlement was agreed by OP Powerlady - thread linked below

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4855543&highlight=

Unless you have been given a specific email address by P E there is usually no way of emailing them - sorry I now see from your initial post you do have a contact email address for them but would follow da_rules advice and post (with free cert of posting obtained from P.O.)
  • DRCUK
    Options
    [FONT=&quot]Sent on the 04/04/2014[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Dear ParkingEye[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I am contacting you in an attempt to negotiate and settle this claim to save time and costs for all parties involved.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Whilst I believe I have a strong case to dispute this charge, I am also trying to organise my wedding and the purchase of a family home later this year. As you are aware these types of cases can take some time to reach a conclusion and as my personal circumstances have changed I am keen to resolve this dispute at the earliest possible opportunity. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]As such I would like to offer a sum of £30 as a settlement to this case.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • da_rule
    Options
    I can't see where you've made it without prejudice, and no it does not match the Practice Direction/Procedure Rules.

I'll try to draft you something and post it up.
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    I would offer £20 because they will come back with an offer of £50 (maybe?) , so then you can up it to £30 as a counter offer.
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • DRCUK
    Options
    Much appreciated 'da_rule',
    I had done the 'Without Prejudice' as the email subject.
  • da_rule
    Options
    Does anyone have the court reference number or the names of the parties for the £20 case?
  • DRCUK
    Options
    Tried to PM you da_rule not sure if it sent or if my new profile would allow?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure