IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

H0riz0n Parking ticket, what's next?

Options
tidegu
tidegu Posts: 83 Forumite
Because *they* are monitoring, you know what I have modified:), also the time of ticket was evenly shifted in order to protect privacy in case this post attracted their attention.

Well the ticket was issued by H0riz0n Parking, here is all the relative information:

Observed Time: 07/11 14:06
Time of issue: 07/11 14:12
Issue Reason: 0059 - Not Displaying a Valid Permit, The vehicle was parked on private property in contravention of the site parking restrictions as displayed on the signage or permit.

The parking charge was £70 and reduced amount of £40 if I pay within 14 days.

I have spent hours reading through all relative forum posts, and seems the best way is to ignore it for the first 28 days, and wait for the KLN. I used the PPC wizard and still feeling unclear, such as what to do after KLN or POPLA appealing. Would anyone glad to help?

Unlike most other cases people will just fight against the PCN and they will have almost no further contact with the car park, my ticket was issued by some officer from my university's parking/security office (they share the same room), I will possibly dealing with them in many other situations and if they recognises my car, they can possibly go really strict such as issue an ticket if I overstay for one minute. I have no idea if H0riz0n Parking will pass any information back to my university. If I will get any serious potential further affects, I would think it's safer to just pay the £40, but I of course prefer to avoid it if it is safe to.

Comments

• tidegu
    edited 21 April 2014 at 12:44AM
    Options
    P.S. The other information on the NTD is included in this reply (in case it's necessary).

(FRONT SIDE)

A PARKING CHARGE OF £70.00 IS DUE WITHIN 28 DAYS OF THE DATE OF ISSUE
    The reduced amount of £40.00 will be accepted if payment is received within 14 days of the date of issue. Failure to provide payment of the full amount within 28 days will result in the charge increasing. Registered keeper details may be requested from the DVLA for the purpose of recovering the unpaid parking charge notice as outlined on the signage.
    Photographic evidence can be viewed prior to internet payment by visiting the web adress below.

Payment Methods

Internet Payment:
    pay.h0riz0nparking.co.uk

Call our 24 hour telephone payment line:
    0845 643 5304

Complete the payment slip on the reverse of this notice and send with payment to the following address:
    H0riz0n Parking Ltd
    PO Box 3573
    Barnet
    EN5 9QA

PCN Enquiries - 0845 643 5314
    Appeals - All correspondence should be made to the a[email]ddress above or email h0riz0np[/email]arking@appealpcn.co.uk(3RD PARTY'S ADDRESS NOT H0RIZ0N PARKING'S ADDRESS?)

(BACK SIDE)

PAYMENT DETAILS
    (xxxxx)

LATE PAYMENTS
    Failure to pay the parking charge within 28 days from the date of issue will result in your case being transferred to our Debt Recovery Department, solicitors may be instructed and additional administrative and court costs may be incurred.
    Registered keeps details will be requested from the DVLA for the purpose of recovering the unpaid parking charge notice as outlined on the signage.

APPEALS
    If you wish to appeal against this Parking Charge Notice you should submit your case in writing or email (address on front of Notice) within 28 days from the date of issue. All correspondence must include your name, address, the name and address of the driver (if different), the vehicle registration and the Notice reference number. you must supply evidence as to why you were parked in violation of the parking terms and conditions as displayed on the contractual warning signs erected on the land. All appeals are genuinely supplied. It is important that you supply all of the evidence to support the appeal. H0riz0n Parking Ltd will not enter into multiple appeal processes. All Parking Charge cases are placed on hold upon receipt of a written appeal. Any driver appealing against a Parking Charge Notice within 14 days from the date of issue will be given the opportunity to provide payment at the reduced amount in the event that their appeal is unsuccessful. You should be aware that any driver lodging an appeal later than 14 days from the date of issue may be liable for the full amount if their appeal is unsuccessful. All appeals must be marked for the attention of the Appeals Co-ordinators and sent to the address over. Please allow 14 working days for response. If the appeal is unsuccessful you will be provided with the contact details of the Independent Appeals Service (POPLA) and a unique appeal reference. POPLA will not accept your appeal if you have not appealed to us beforehand. Please be advised that if you choose to appealed to the Independent Appeals Service and your appeal is unsuccessful then you will lose the right to pay at the reduced amount.

APPEAL TELEPHONE ENQUIRES
    Due to legal procedures it is difficult for H0riz0n Parking Ltd to submit verbal evidence before the court. We therefore regret that we are unable to deal with telephone enquires with regard to the issue of this Parking Charge Notice

INFORMATION
    PCN ENQUIRES
    Please note all phone calls are monitored and recorded for training purposes.

DVLA
    H0riz0n Parking Ltd adheres to regulations on the release of information from the driver and vehicle licensing agency's vehicle register.

DATA PROTECTION
    (xxxxx)

Company No. 7748407 Vat No: 143 2407 45

They are all the relative informations in case someone asks, on the back side of the PCN also states they are BPA approved operator.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,783 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 12 November 2013 at 12:37AM
    Options
    That NTD doesn't look compliant in wording so I expect the NTK will be even worse! Should be a laugh. Wait for the NTK, for all the reasons explained here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

...will the NTK arrive to you or will it get sent to your home address and worry your family? If so then warn them and say you know it's a scam and have learnt how to appeal it and win (because we do know how to win at POPLA!!). I am assuming this is in England or Wales.

While you are waiting for the NTK can you get some pictures of the signage? Post a pic here so we can see the exact words. DO NOT APPEAL YET (it's explained in the linked thread above).

my ticket was issued by some officer from my university's parking/security office (they share the same room),

Just quoting this bit to remind us to include a paragraph about 'self ticketing compliance' when we get you to POPLA stage. Makes a nice change to have a new paragraph to include! No-one will be upset and there will be no repercussions from the keeper appealing when the NTK arrives, then wining at POPLA. Perfectly acceptable!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • tidegu
    edited 12 November 2013 at 12:55AM
    Options
    Thanks Coupon-mad, I have read that post and it is very helpful. A short conclusion, I knew that I should (Please correct me if I'm wrong):

1. Wait for NtK
    2. Never say/imply I was driving
    3. Take no action until NtK and soft appeal/request POPLA
    4. If soft appeal denied and POPLA code given, post everything here to get help for a formal letter to POPLA and win :)
    5. Never ignore any letter, and keep all letters until the charge is withdrawn

I am both RK and driver, and they will send NtK to my home address, so I will worry nothing about my family - In fact, my family is oversea and BTW English is not my mother tongue, so please forgive me any impoliteness of wording/ bad grammar.

I will try to get some photos and drawings explains the most detailed situation tomorrow or the day after. Many thanks again in advance.

Yes, it's in England, a town approx. 1 hour drive to central London, and I'm over 25 if asks.

Finally, as you mentioned:
    If so then warn them and say you know it's a scam and have learnt how to appeal it and win (because we do know how to win at POPLA!!).

Is that actually good or bad to *scare* them by saying "It's a scam and I know I will win" in the soft appeal? or you were just kidding:)

Thanks again and again!!
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    You have got it, that's exactly the right procedure in points 1 - 5.

But re the part you quoted (the word 'they') I only meant that if you had to explained to FAMILY about the 'scam' then you should use that word. Not to the PPC. :)
  • tidegu
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    You have got it, that's exactly the right procedure in points 1 - 5.

But re the part you quoted (the word 'they') I only meant that if you had to explained to FAMILY about the 'scam' then you should use that word. Not to the PPC. :)

Haha thanks for the clarification! And sorry for the misunderstanding...
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    It's fine, in fact you have understood what to do and made more sense than many new posters for whom English is their first language!
  • tidegu
    edited 12 November 2013 at 3:18AM
    Options
    Thank you very much indeed, Coupon-mad!

PS, something irrelative, I just made a quick search of the domain whois information of h0riz0nparking.co.uk (you *know* :)), and the appeal email address of appealpcn.co.uk.

Interestingly the latter has no website, in other words it's a domain purely for emails only.

Both domains are registered to completely different registrants - they are far apart on location (WD6 vs KY7), hosted on different servers/companies, one year later than the other...

Even more, the company's post code on PCN is EN5, on website is CM1, but on company registration (Company No. 07748407) is PR9... Even even more, the registrant of h0riz0nparking.co.uk is another company (SC240999) which has another address on company registration...

One company has so many addresses/involves so many different parties... How weird...

No I'm not questioning if h0riz0nparking is a scam company/member of BPA, just talking something randomly about their odd business… @_@
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Very random indeed; I had noticed how terrible their website was - it only has email and a payment server. And we never really hear about H0riz0n so they are new (maybe ex-clampers?). Can only find these 2 threads:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4789836

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=76941

If the signage at 'your' car park says the same as the MSE thread I linked there, then this will be easy to beat on 'no genuine pre-estimate of loss' at POPLA.
  • tidegu
    edited 13 November 2013 at 3:50AM
    Options
    Hi CM, I didn't find any photos in the two posts you mentioned.

However I've got a chance to take a couple of photos of the signage at the entrance.

I have blanked out some non-relative logos etc which will otherwise lead to recognise my location easier.

If you need higher resolution images or original photos, please let me know so that I can PM you upon your agreement :)

Image 1: main road to the car park
    postimg.org/image/qf4yyd1iv/

Image 2: car park entrance
    postimg.org/image/jd71c5xx3/

Image 3: the h0riz0n signage
    postimg.org/image/l56nnv7b9/

(Sorry for making the images less accessible, as the newbies can't post urls :()

From the image 1 and 2, it's clear that unless you stop at the car park entrance, you will have no way to see the h0riz0n signage - you can only see whatever you can see in image 1.

Regarding to image 3, please let me know if you need the exact small prints, please let me know and I will type them for you.

BTW, does BPA has any regulation on the size/height of the signage? I know that the university changed the PPC company recently (at the same time increased the parking charge), so the signage might have some limitation of height/size. If it seems difficult to judge from the images, I'd be glad to take the exact measure if it helps. Please just let me know:)
  • fb1969
    fb1969 Posts: 560 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    And we never really hear about H0riz0n so they are new (maybe ex-clampers?).

I've noticed that a few Sainsburys have Horizon instead of Euro infesting their car parks. The signs are identical to Euro's, which makes me wonder if Horizon is connected to them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure