PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 2 November 2013

Options
OS Daily Thread Saturday 2nd November This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine.
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Hugs to all those that are feeling sad/poorly x

Misty, wet and damp underfoot and dreich here this morning.

DH and DS1 up and gone to work stupid early.

Dinner last night was faitijas (sp?) - all thoroughly enjoyed by us all and jacket potatoes - will definitely be having again, and ideal for quick meal either at home or when we're away in the caravan. Tonight I'm not too sure what we will be eating but don't want it to be takeaway of any sort so will need to get something organised. Got chores done yesterday, and also made a chocolate cake, and 2 doz mince pies, at least that will keep the menfolk quiet for a while. Food shopping seem to cost a lot yesterday even though I didn't have that much meat, cleaning products etc - prices still seem to be going up. Cupboards and freezer are fairly well stocked, but doesn't seem to be that much in that I can make a meal from iyswim. Need to create some space for xmas extras - will endeavour to try eating from stores/freezers for a while I think.

Want to go to the recycling centre this morning with a couple of big of items that are no longer usable to us, this will clear out another space. Also have some jobs on pc etc to do so will crack on and get everything done. Will visit the outlaws and my parents later this afternoon.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • Moorhen
    Moorhen Posts: 964 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning nmlc and all who follow,

JackieO Welcome home.

Hester Hope OH gets the money sorted out.

Molly, LW Hugs.

Had a really busy week back at work plus the car failed its MOT on wednesday so have had to sort that out (it cost nearly £400 to put right!)

MIL is staying for the weekend so that is nice, off to supermarket this morning as we have no food.

Have a lovely day everyone.:)
  • tibawo
    tibawo Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mornin all, just doing my weekly check in... Hugs to all, you chose whether it is a joyous or sympathetic one!

Full of a cold, one of them sore throats that you can't feel but your voice sounds hoarse and chest us tight and a pounding head. Feel like going back to bed but too much to do.

Just got back from a caravan Hol and so need to unpack , wash etc. in between this are dance rehearsals for girls and a competition all day tomoz and will have to make sure ready for school next week.

Also need to work out the budget as dd1 has not one but two camps I need to pay for.

Off to have another brew and some medicine ... Cough splutter cough cough
    Go get it!
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Morning all
    Damp and soggy here.
    Fish fed and a corpse fished out, one of the Molly's, we have lots as they keep breeding.
    Welcome Fallen ice angel.
    So far so good, no aeroplanes landed on the roof and neither the police or the local dealers have visited yet.
    I've made a start on a Minion hat, I didn't get much done as the rib is in a darkish denim blue, I'll get on better when I change to yellow. I've been asked to knit some extra Minions so hopefully will make a little money towards Yule. I used to knit scarves and sell them at work, but when the current head joined the school he put a stop to it.
    No plans for today, apart from housework and knitting.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Hope you are all well.
    The gluten free saga continues, I made the mistake of having popcorn last night omg it's definitely not GF another food off the list.
    The grown up kids enjoyed their Halloween party last night.
    My daughters new chap seems lovely:D
    Some very professional looking costumes.
    Just a cup of tea this morning I think. Bacon butties for the rest.
    We are off to our friends for dinner tonight which will be nice.
    Otherwise usual cleaning and washing, and a quick visit to my db as their washing machine is broken and hubby will fix it for them.
    Not much else, have a good Saturday x
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,028 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Congrats to the DD who got a job in a sweetie shop (sorry can't remember who) - that's a dream job!!
    HH - Your Head needs a good talking to, hope the minions go down well.

Went to a ladies night last night (think drag queen and topless waiters who also had no pants on, just a wee pinnie!). Not my thing but the company was good and it was quite nice just to get out of the house for a while.

Packing again today, lots of 'bits' to pack that take up so much room in the boxes. Someone coming at 10 to collect more furniture so once that's gone I will be able to get in and clean some more. Still not sure if it's going ahead next week but have to be prepared in case it does. It will happen at some time so we will have to manage anyway.

Washing on airers, it's very cold and grey. DW doing its stuff. Salmon for tea - the freezer is nearly empty now.

Take care and have a good weekend. XX
  • luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

sky is purple and grey so I'm sure we'll get a good soaking.

DS2 is off to his friend's wedding today, in a kilt. The wedding is in a lovely hotel down on the seafront - hope he has thermal drawers as the wind is getting up.

We'll be strolling over to the Uplands market this morning - it's part of the Dylan Thomas festival so poets and extra bookstalls are included in the mix this week.

More decluttering today and I've the notion to start putting things on e-Bay as a way of building up a nest egg for next year.

Stay warm and cosy x
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Camelot, he banned a lot of things, I used to take in books I'd finished with, just for people to take, no money involved, but that was banned on the basis that they looked untidy, we also used to have a conker competition and a staff panto, both banned, someones hubby does lovely wood turning, the sale of that has been banned. And now our SLT are trying to introduce 'feel good' issues, well if they hadn't banned everything to start with, we had a lot of 'feel good' already. One staff member is allowed to sell her HM cards and we are still allowed a cake sale for MacMillan, but there are no non uniform days, no mile of pennies and nothing for children in need. He's a cheery little soul our head!
    Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello:
    [/FONT]
    Hester what a miserable old sod.

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I hit my left knee yesterday (walked into the open oven door, lol), so was limping a bit. Because I wasn't walking straight, sciatica has kicked back in on the right leg :mad: Will have to make sure I don't sit down for more than 30 minutes at a time. I've already done a few exercises and it's easing already. Mr tru was chopping leeks and managed to slice through his fingertip and nail. It was just hanging on by a bit of skin :eek: He put it back in place, put a lint-free pad over it (given to me by the dentist when I had my teeth out!) and bandaged it up, covered it while in the shower then drove to Cardiff to see Micky Flanagan :D That's two nights in a row he's been out – I'm enjoying it and planning on where I can send him tonight :rotfl:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]It's lovely having a new microwave, I can now warm things up without having to stop it and turn the plate a few times. The timer actually works, so I don't need to use the one on the oven :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Mr tru is frittering (love that word) money away. I'm not going to say anything, I'm just going to hide it :D Master tru often gives me cash and asks me to transfer money from our account to his. I'll carry on doing that to keep our account low, then mr tru can't spend it :D[/FONT]
    Bulletproof
  • bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Options
    Morning

NMLC - Enjoy your trip
    HH - What great leader of people your head seems <rolls eyes>
    julie - NPM has put a gluten free board up on pinterest might be some worthwhile prints on it
    BB - wrap up warm :naughty:
    camelot - glad you enjoyed your night out

today - mr a's is delivering between 10-12, tiddlers are going to MIL's we're still not talking but kids answer the phone if she rings etc, DD1 is here her room needs sorting, she had a fab time at madame tussauds and the planetarium is now a 4d bit. Me and DH will walk the dogs after shopping comes so until then i will be chilling, had a few too many beers lastight and now have a headache.

Have great days xxxxx
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts