Youtube Workout a Day...

Options
ladymay
ladymay Posts: 1,126 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
edited 9 September 2013 at 3:24PM in Health & beauty MoneySaving
Hi!

This is my new challenge, feel free to join in :)

In true MSE style, I love getting stuff for free, and in my job it's incredibly important to be fit. So on this thread I'm going to try and review one YouTube workout a day! I have typed in 'workout' and will simply work through the videos from top down.

I'm a qualified REPS fitness instructor and am generally quite fit, but these reviews are my personal, not professional opinion.

And PLEASE seek professional medical advice if you're embarking on a new fitness regime.

OK, here goes...
2019 Aim: Save £10,000
Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now

Comments

• ladymay
    Options
    First review!!

So, I found this workout by typing 'workout' into the search box, and this was the first non-sponsored video that came up. The link is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWEdJRRndkQ

It's a ten-minute video which includes some cardio exercises performed for one minutes, and basic resistance moves performed for a set amount of reps. The moves are simple and based on ballet, so if you have a basic knowledge of dance it will definitely help, although the trainer does explain the moves thoroughly.

The main emphasis throughout is on the legs and bum, with lots of squats and jumps, but because posture is constantly being mentioned as well it helps to remind you to keep your tummy tucked in (plus you'll need to use your core to maintain balance), and your arms are in a ballet hold for most of the moves, to help with balance but also it's a great isometric exercise.

For the first 7 minutes or so, I wasn't really feeling anything, but by the end of the workout I was sweating and my blood was pumping hard!

Pros:
    • it's only 10 minutes long
    • good mix of cardio and resistance exercises
    • instructions are clear and the trainer does all the moves with you
    Cons:
    • no warm up or cool down
    So that's my first ever review! Hope it's helpful. If anybody has anything to add, has an online workout they'd like me to try out and review, or has any ideas on how I can improve my review, let me know :p
  • lilian1977
    lilian1977 Posts: 5,038 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sounds great, will follow with interest x
    My debt free diary | Post Office loan: £2827 | Natwest Credit Card: £3362.96
  • cottage_retreatist
    cottage_retreatist Posts: 844 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 9 September 2013 at 4:20PM
    Options
    sounds really good - if I end up looking like a victorias secrets model FOR FREE I might even give this a go! And I really need to do some exercise - as it's free and on the internet i've got none of my usual arguments!! :rotfl:

thanks ladymay!
    xx

*subscribes* :)
    Debts @ LBM (May 2013): £25,250.27 | Debt Free: May 2015 :j:j
  • andrar
    andrar Posts: 272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Love it love it love it!
  • flissh
    flissh Posts: 720 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good idea.:T
    just watched the workout, it looks good. I'll give it a go tomorrow :j
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Such a good idea,I know nothing about workout videos - as in if they are any good, great to have a another opinion thank you!
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • amalis
    amalis Posts: 532 Forumite
    Options
    it is so helpful! i am really looking forward to your next review
  • heartbreak_star
    Options
    Can I post some reviews too please ladymay? Am also trying new workouts while I can't powerlift :)

HBS x
    "I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another."

"It's easy to know what you're against, quite another to know what you're for."

#Bremainer
  • asset2004
    asset2004 Posts: 2,453 Forumite
    Options
    good idea :)
    Life is a coin, you can spend it anyway you wish, but you can only spend it once.
    Go as far as you can see, and when you get there you'll see further.
    Take time but don't waste time
  • ladymay
    Options
    Hi guys!!

Wow, thanks for the support with this!! Heartbreak_star, of course! The more, the merrier! The only thing I would ask is that any workout reviewed is free and available online.

Today's review is coming up!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills