IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - Aldi PCN

Options
Hi All,

I'm after some advice as I've received a PCN for parking in an ALDI car park.

I parked in the disabled bay as my husband is a paraplegic and went shopping in Aldi and visited the Post Office. Admittedly I did over stay by 15 minutes but thought there would be some allowances for blue badge holders.

Does anybody have any advice or do I have to pay up?

Any help would be great received!

Comments

• wiogs
    wiogs Posts: 2,744 Forumite
    Options
    Use the search function and you will find answers to all your questions.
  • Hovite_2
    Hovite_2 Posts: 749 Forumite
    Options
    Firstly you should contact Aldi and point out that their agents are harassing one of their customers and to get the PCN cancelled. You might want to ensure the world knows by contacting them via Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/AldiUK?filter=2

Coupon Mad will be along a little later to give better information around what you can do regards the blue badge.

You should also appeal to Parking Eye on the grounds that you needed extra time due to your disability and they haven't given you this time. In all likelihood Parking Eye reject your appeal but you'll get a POPLA code. When you get this come back here for advice on how to appeal to POPLA and get the PCN cancelled.
  • dee342
    dee342 Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for your messages! I'm going to send a letter and FB message to Aldi now to see what they say.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,078 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 17 August 2013 at 1:51AM
    Options
    dee342 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I'm after some advice as I've received a PCN for parking in an ALDI car park.

I parked in the disabled bay as my husband is a paraplegic and went shopping in Aldi and visited the Post Office. Admittedly I did over stay by 15 minutes but thought there would be some allowances for blue badge holders.

Does anybody have any advice or do I have to pay up?

Any help would be great received!

Why would you PAY a scammer for breaking the law (it is disability discrimination not to make 'reasonable adjustments' including time to park/shop):

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=62844464#post62844464

You could sue them - Parking Eye AND Aldi! (not joking!). But first, complain ASSERTIVELY to Aldi, like in this version of complaint I wrote as SRM on pepipoo:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=79515&st=0 (post #13)

HTH
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    It's a Equality Act 2010 breach, they must make reasonable adjustments for disabled people, even though the blue badge scheme doesn't apply on private land, the BPA Code of Practice states:
    16.5 If your landowner provides a concession that allows parking for disabled people, if a vehicle displays a valid Blue Badge you must not issue it with parking charge notices.

So they shouldn't even be giving a fake ticket if a badge is displayed, the problem of course is that they don't have cameras in that section of the car park, so they don't manage anything!
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • dee342
    dee342 Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your advice!

I contacted Aldi at the agreed to cancel it, Yay!

Thanks again x
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,078 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done! You have just joined the permanent 'hall of fame' links on my 'organ grinder cancelled the fake PCN issued by their monkey' thread!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=62837690

Can't get enough of all these complaints against PPCs. Even if a retailer doesn't cancel, it gets logged as another complaint, and the next poster adds another, which then may well be recognised by the retailer in the end as a recurrent issue upsetting customers...

We will win this fight against the pariah of PPCs in retail/customer car parks.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,407 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 19 August 2013 at 4:56PM
    Options
    I think a letter of complaint should go to the BPA asking why PE are issuing tickets to cars displaying BBs when clearly the CoP makes it quite clear that this action would be in breach. Are sanction points being issued?

Of course we all know the answer, but why should people, who should never have received any form of ticket, have to go through what is becoming an increasingly harassing approach by PE.

The best a 'victim' can hope for is a cancellation of a penalty that should never have been issued in the first place (but that's provided they jump through PE determined hoops). The worst position is that under severe duress of potential court (and especially those who don't come to the forum for help) many will pay up on the basis of what must be a fraudulent claim against them.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Prothet_of_Doom
    Options
    I am off to shop at the CoOP now because having read this I've decided that aldi and tesco can go take a jump.
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am off to shop at the CoOP now because having read this I've decided that aldi and tesco can go take a jump.

Better watch out for the likes of civil enforcement then (click)
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure