Expensive UNICOM Broadband, getting speeds of .23Mbps!

Options
Hello,

We changed our business broadband to UNICOM recently, having had their phoneline for 7 years and being happy.

The internet itself is very expensive, roughly £30 pm, plus cost for static IP address, plus [to add insult to injury] a phoneline kept open that we wanted to close, but they said would give the best speed, at £14.99 per month. [before you all tell me about great broadband deals, domestic ones are totally different to business and you can't get a domestic supply for business!]

so we're looking at nearly £50 pm for our broadband, which we are tied into an 18 month contract.

we were sold the broadband at amazing speeds and capabilities, but right now the download speed is 0.24Mbps, and upload is 0.05Mbps!

The sales guy knew what speed we were getting as he told us to keep the line open for it (which would cost us £50 to change over now!)

Obviously, people will say that you are sold speeds UP TO X, but surely there must be a minimum that's acceptable, and surely, that's kind of like saying, "hey look at this great ferrari! You can go up to 190MPH in it!" but then when you buy it and can only do 10MPH, the salesman saying "yes, but I only said you COULD go UP TO, I didn't promise anything..." no one would stand for that!

Spent a lot of time arguing with them, and they just string us a long. It's so slow, it's like dial up, and it often drops out for no reason.

What do you do in this situation??

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family