Free Colgate toothbrush - did you get one? Show us your photos

Options
Former_MSE_Andrea
Former_MSE_Andrea Posts: 9,614 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post I've helped Parliament Rampant Recycler
edited 28 August 2013 at 9:16AM in Freebies (no spend required)
Did you try for a free Colgate toothbrush online?

Colgate offered a free electric toothbrush if you exchanged an old one at Waterloo back in July, see our Colgate Fail News Story.

To make it up to those disappointed Colgate offered 7,000 in an online draw.

Did you manage to get one? If you did post up your picture here and let us know.

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Youtube Intro Guide.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got one! I was very lucky I think. I'd read about this prior to the event happening and was able to get to Waterloo shortly after 5pm. I'd considered getting there in the morning but the idea of losing even more sleep meant it wasn't an option!

I have to admit I was suprized the queue wasn't longer: I had about 20-30 people ahead of me? Maybe took about 30 mins for the queue to clear and I was also pleased there was no catch, just a simple trade of an old brush and a few details for a new brush in a shiny new box! It really made my day which I really needed after the previous week!

I was sorry to hear so many had problems the next day, I'd have thought it wasn't just MSE/the article in the free newspaper that pulled in the crowds but also many others passing through the station who then would return for work the next day having bought their tooth brushes with them the second time. I suppose they should have done something to anticipate the crowds first-perhaps a ticket system? But even then you'd have people queuing to some respect and others hounding the stand staff when all the tickets had run out. As much as they could have organised it differently, perhaps taking it to a quieter location, (though again in rush-hour London and considering things like those with hayfever and space, this is limited further) and perhaps done something to reduce the crowds and so reduce the chances the station staff would have gotten worried and closed it down early, I'm not so sure there was much more that could have been done, though stating it was on a first-come-first-serve basis would have helped.

Its not the first time that something like this has happened; I was caught in the Anya Hindmarch queue (was second from the front when Ms Hindmarch herself appeared at the door saying all bags had run out).
    There have been many more online freebies which vanish when you click the link and too many others to remember where a queue as large as the one I/others joined was not anticipated and the freebie pulled with stocks ran out after not even touching the sides, no doubt there will be many more and as frustrating and infuriating as I know it is when you do find you missed out due to unanticipated numbers despite obvious mistakes being made, I don't think it is ever done with malice, it does the freebie giver no favours for something like this to happen as it just breeds unhappy people who then up feeling strongly against the brand.
  • SooZyK
    SooZyK Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    I got mine this morning.. Many thanx to Sarah 1972 for posting x
    I registered on the site the day it opened and posted my old toothbrush the next day and was delighted when the postie delivered it first thing. It's a cracker, thanx again Sarah this was an awesome post x
  • mouk
    mouk Posts: 270 Forumite
    Options
    little surprised this morning...the posty delivered the new toothbrush even though I DID NOT return the old one. ;-)
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Former_MSE_Andrea Posts: 9,614 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've helped Parliament Rampant Recycler
    edited 19 August 2013 at 11:59AM
    Options
    Has anyone else received their toothbrush yet? Post up your photos if you've got yours :)
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • missy7
    missy7 Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    I received one by post :)) over week ago
  • Kimmilew
    Kimmilew Posts: 128 Forumite
    Options
    I was surprised to receive an email saying I was one of the lucky ones. It's quite nice to be included when so many times I miss out! I took the choice not to send my old one back (thinking if I don't get one on that basis, its no loss). I was surprised when last Thursday I had one delivered! I think it's unfair that alot of the people who genuinely wanted one to replace their old one didn't receive one yet there are lots appearing on ebay!
    Full-time Mum, Part-time freebie hunter
  • maiden_scotland
    Options
    I've just received an e-mail today so they must be sending them out gradually :D
  • lavendergirl
    Options
    Just got my e-mail today too:)
  • scampdog
    scampdog Posts: 197 Forumite
    Options
    Have to say congratulations to all those genuine people who really wanted a toothbrush and have used it !! but really how annoying to see all those unused brushes "popping up" every single day on Ebay !! some people are making lots of money out of this exercise !! ....I was lucky to get the basic brush but the rest of my family sadly did not ! although we all did try ! :(
  • MoneyMate
    MoneyMate Posts: 3,225 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Registrations for the Colgate® Big Electric Brush Swap have now closed.
    There are more questions than answers :shhh: :silenced:
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times :o
    :)
    :A UK Resident :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts