Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Best, cheapest way to remove rust from car?
    • 30th Jun 13, 5:43 PM
    Best, cheapest way to remove rust from car? 30th Jun 13 at 5:43 PM
    My car is starting to show it's age now, and I've noticed a few areas of rust on the bodywork.

The car isn't worth much as it's rather old, but I want to keep it in a working and roadworthy condition for as long as possible, so I'd like to know of a method that I could use to either remove this rust, or to protect it and prevent it from spreading to other parts of the car, before it needs welding, etc.

I don't want to spend too much, and I'd rather do it myself than take it to a garage or workshop, mainly because of the cost.

It doesn't matter too much if it looks a bit of a mess afterwards as the rust is in quite a well hidden area.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,360Posts Today

8,173Users online

Martin's Twitter