Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    highrising51
    Old direct line loan PPI claim
    • 14th Jun 13, 8:01 PM
    Old direct line loan PPI claim 14th Jun 13 at 8:01 PM
    Hi everyone!

A quick question re. an old loan. In 2005 I paid back in a lump sum approximately half of a loan I took out with direct line in 2001 or 02 to consolidate debts (profit of a house sale).

Now, when I took out this loan I DISTINCTLY remember being told that my application would probably be refused if I did not take out PPI, they gave the excuse I was pretty young (!). I remember discussing it with OH when the paperwork came thru.

Now, I can't find any paperwork and I strongly suspect I destroyed it in relief in 2005 when it was paid off. I never realised I could potentially claim it back as I thought it had to be within 6 years. I now know thats not the case thanks to MSE.

I've read the guide and I'm going to give it a go, but my question is (got there in the end) - does anyone know who I should write to? On a quick google it seems Direct Line haven't given out loans for a number of years, and that theres now some connection with RBS. Do I contact RBS? Or Direct Line?

Apologies if the answers are elsewhere on this site...

I'm a bit scared about the whole thing if truth be told, and kind of assume I'll get laughed at or run around, but hey. Might as well try eh?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,894Posts Today

7,182Users online

Martin's Twitter